Quick and Easy Chicken Burgers
By Kaitlynn Garrett
Do you ever feel the need to just get dinner over with? Like it’s one of those days where traffic was backed up, the coffee wasn’t right, you realize the world is still going through a pandemic, and the shirt you were excited to wear is fitting funny? Hopefully this hasn’t just happened to me. Not that I’m wishing you are having a bad day, it’s just nice to know that I’m not alone in struggles like that. Life can be hectic sometimes, and it’s nice to know that you can have a few recipes to keep in mind that don’t take forever to make, don’t use a lot of ingredients, and also taste amazing.
Now that the kids are going back to school and more parents are headed back into the offices for work, it seems like an appropriate time to share a super quick and easy dinner recipe. Personally, I am always down to make meals more efficient so I’m not spending hours in the kitchen. Also, the main thing on your plate for this recipe only calls for four ingredients. Four. That’s practically unheard of unless you’re playing a round of Guy’s Grocery Games (If you don’t get the reference, please do yourself a favor and binge-watch this masterpiece show). This meal also uses a ranch seasoning mix. If you’ve never added this to a meal before, prepare to have your mind blown at the flavor it adds. It’s also amazing when added to a chili recipe I have, but that is a story for another day.
For this recipe, I used a cast iron grill pan because I like the flavor it gives and the “grill marks” that show. If you don’t have one, a normal pan or skillet should work the same!
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1 Packet of Ranch Seasoning Mix
- ¾ c – 1 c Bread Crumbs (I used Panko)
Sides I Paired It With
- Salad with tomatoes, red onion, and avocado
- Sweet potato fries (made in the air fryer)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your chicken, egg, ranch seasoning, and breadcrumbs. At minimum, use ¾ c. I used about 1 cup to have a firmer patty to work with.
- Combine all ingredients together until it’s all mixed well.
- For the chicken, I used a cast iron grill pan. I have yet to learn how to use an actual grill, so this pan is a fantastic alternative for me. I set the heat on high and sprayed the pan with olive oil.
- While the pan heats up, I formed the patties. I made about 6 and they were roughly the size of my palm.
- When the pan is hot enough, I placed the patties on and cooked about 3 – 5 minutes per side (until cooked through). For the second round of patties, I did have to turn my heat down to medium, so I wouldn’t burn the chicken.
- For my side dishes, I had some pre-cut, bagged salad mix (because I didn’t feel like chopping more than necessary haha!) and I added some spinach, grape tomatoes, red onion, and avocado. I also cooked some sweet potato fries in my trusty air fryer.
- For my sweet potato fries, I usually add a little olive oil, pink Himalayan salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Once it’s all finished, fill up your plates!
Life is crazy and cooking shouldn’t add to the mess! This recipe is great to add into your rotation of quick and easy meals that the whole family will love!