Come celebrate the grand opening of Riverside Park in Benton. It’s the culmination of years of planning and building and it’s ready to open to the public.
Come Saturday, April 1st at 9:30 a.m. for the pre-grand opening entertainment from the Benton Band and Cheerleaders. Then at 10:00 a.m., there will be a grand opening program, featuring NFL Referee Walt Coleman. The new Riverside Park is located next to the Saline County Fairgrounds.
Schedule of Activities:
- 9:30am – Pre-ceremony Entertainment
- 10:00 – Grand Opening Ceremony
- Welcome… Tom Baxley
- Presentation of the Colors… BNPD Honor Guard
- National Anthem… Misti Hart
- Introduction of Mayor David Mattingly… Tom Baxley
- Mayor’s Remarks and Guest Speaker Introduction… Mayor David Mattingly
- Guest Speaker… Walt Coleman
- Special Recognition/Key Presentation… Mayor David Mattingly
- Orchard Dedication… Jasen Kelly/Eli Kelly
- Closing Remarks… Tom Baxley
- 11:00am – Aquatic Center Opening
- 11:50am Senior Center Opening (live band & snacks)
- 12:40pm Boys & Girls Club Opening
- 1:30-5:00pm All Facilities Open
- 5:00-8:00pm Basketball Games in River Center Gym
- Game 1 – Police Department vs. Fire Department
- Game 2 – Boys & Girls Club vs. Parks Department
Get to the park from Interstate 30 by taking Exit 116 (South Street/Sevier Street) and going to the south frontage road. Look for the huge LED sign as the entrance. It’s between the Saline County Fairgrounds and Holland Chapel Baptist Church. Click to see a Google map.
MySaline made a video tour of the property, hosted by Benton Mayor David Mattingly. Click here to watch the video.
Also see below for photos around the park.