The National Weather Service in Little Rock issued the following weather statement on Thursday morning:
• Widespread thunderstorms are possible Thursday, some of which could become strong to severe.
• The main threat with any strong to severe storms will be damaging winds and large hail, however a tornado cannot be ruled out.
• We are also expecting heavy rain to return to Arkansas, with generally 2-4 inches of rainfall possible over the next week, with higher amounts in Western Arkansas.
• What: Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible on Thursday March 12th.
• When: Early afternoon through the overnight period.
• Hazards: Damaging winds and hail will be the main threat, but a tornado cannot be ruled out.
• Several rounds of rain are expected to move through the state through the next 7 days. During this time, around 2 to 4 inches of rain could fall across the
state, with higher amounts possible in Western Arkansas.
• Please stay updated with the latest forecast through the coming week, and monitor for changes.