List of Recipes and Tips:
- 5 Pillars of a Healthy Lifestyle – Mar 26, 2019
- Muffin Pan Turkey Meatloaf – Mar 12, 2019
- Face-to-Face Accountability – Feb 19, 2019
- Turkey Egg Roll Bowl – Feb 11, 2019
- Meal Prep Essential to Daily Success – Feb 1, 2019
- Turkey Soup – Jan 8, 2019
- Christmas Message – Dec 17, 2018
- Sweet-n-Sour Pork – Dec 6, 2018
- Stuffed Bell Peppers – Nov 8, 2018
- Smoked Chicken Salad – Aug 14, 2018
- Shrimp Tacos – Jun 18, 2018
- My NYC Billboard – May 29, 2018
- Water You Doing? – May 23, 2018
- Fad diet or lifestyle change? – May 7, 2018
- Sweet & Zesty Pineapple Salsa – Apr 16, 2018
- Rice Bowl Alternative – Apr 9, 2018
Lee Crow is a Bryant resident and has been working on his health since being hospitalized in 2017. He’ll be sharing recipes and tips here in a column called Lee’s Faith & Fitness (formerly called “Eating Crow”).
Here is Lee’s story in his words:
Since April 2017, I have been on an amazing weight loss journey. I weighed more than 450 pounds. I’ve lived the last 12 years of my life with Type 2 Diabetes and on blood thinner because of a pulmonary embolism that put me in the hospital. Fast forward to April 2017. I had yet another extensive stay in the hospital because my oxygen was down to 78%. Being diagnosed with sleep apnea was a blessing. I was put on a bi-pap machine to help me sleep at night, which helped me see a rebirth of my energy. Because of the renewed energy, I felt like getting out and exercising, if only 15-20 minutes a day. I started changing the way I eat. I was already on a good nutritional supplement and vitamin program. I started seeing my weight come off and started feeling a sense of pride and confidence I never experienced in quite some time.
So here is the purpose of my column. To be able to share my healthy eating tips and maybe exercise tips. There are people out there who are held down because of obesity and struggle to lose weight. So it is my desire to help other people meet their weight loss goals and get healthy.