See the Wizard of Oz at the Royal Theatre. On Friday, August 26th, the Rising Star Players will perform this audience favorite at 7 p.m. This production is one night only.
The Rising Star Players is a program from the Saline County Library. Admission is free, however there will be a collection of non-perishable food items for the Library’s community pantry. The list of items they need is at the end of this article.
The tale of Dorothy Gale has been told for over a century. With a young and talented cast, this version of The Wizard of Oz is unlike anything you’ve seen before.
“I’m very proud of this group of young actors,” said director, Mason Newberry. “Some of them have never acted before, and have the talent of someone who has been acting for years.”
The Wizard of Oz cast members:
- Abigail Haggard as Dorothy
- Alexandrea Haggard as Ginger & Snarley Darley
- Augustus Haggard as the Tin Man
- Carter Brawley as the Lion
- Dee Liachenko as the Wizard
- Hadley Squires as the Scarecrow
- Izabella Edds as the Wicked Witch
- Laney Kennedy as Glinda, ½ of the Couple, Munchkin, & Flying Monkey
- Liam Pekron as Citizen, Munchkin, and ½ of the Couple
- Lily Plaisance as an Oz Guard, Munchkin, & Girl
- Scarlett Pekron as the Leader of the Flying Monkeys & Munchkin
“Sit back,” said Alexandrea Haggard, “and don’t forget your ruby shoes, because we are off to see the Wizard!”
For more information, including hours for each location and information on library services and events, visit www.SalineCountyLibrary.org or call 501-778-4766.
Pantry Items Needed:
- Vienna sausages
- Ramen noodles
- Easy Mac
- Tuna pouches
- Single-pack cereals
- Pudding cups
- Fruit cups
- Cheese crackers
- Peanut butter crackers
- Adult diapers
- Feminine hygiene products
Leave a Reply