The East End Volunteer Fire Department wants this year’s trick-or-treating for your children to be a safe one. The FD will offer its annual safe trick-or-treating alternative along with 9 safety tips below to keep in mind while celebrating.
- Unless an emergency calls the firefighters away, doors will be open, and firefighters will be handing out candy to kids Saturday, October 30th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Come to Station #1, located at 21900 Baxley Lane in East End. (Do not park on the drive in front of the emergency equipment.)
The following are some safety tips for a happy and fire-safe Halloween:
1. Choose the right costume. Try to stay away from long or flowing fabric.
2. Provide flashlights to children or have children carry glow sticks as part of their costumes.
3. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough so he or she can see out of them.
4. Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper that are highly flammable.
5. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
6. Refrain from having an open flame.
7. Use battery-operated candles or glow sticks in your jack-o-lanterns.
8. Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
9. Make sure all of your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
See more 🎃 events at the links below: