Deputy Sharver, along with her partner K9 Ranger, conducted a traffic stop on a 1998 Ford Ranger for expired tags on Chicot Road. The driver was a parolee and was in possession of drugs and weapons.
Deputies found 3.36g of suspected methamphetamines and 4.6g of suspected marijuana, a digital scale, and two sawed off shotguns – one that had a defaced serial number. There was also a loaded 9mm pistol and other prohibited articles.
The driver was charged with the following:
– Possession of Defaced Firearm “D” Felony
– Possession of Firearm by Certain Person “B” Felony
– Possession of Controlled Substance Sch I or II “C” Felony
– Possession of Controlled Substance Sch VI “Misdemeanor”
– Possession of Drug Paraphernalia “D” Felony
– Open Container of Alcohol in Motor Vehicle “Misdemeanor”
– Expired Tags “Misdemeanor”
– Fictitious License Sticker “Misdemeanor”
– Possessing Instruments of Crime “Misdemeanor”
The Sheriff’s Office stated in a social media post, “Maybe we should give Ranger some more treats because not only is he good at his job, he’s also super photogenic.”