The six top scoring marijuana cultivation companies were announced Tuesday at a meeting of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission in Little Rock. While the Commission will award five cultivation licenses, the top six scoring applications were announced as one ownership group had two applications among the top five. Due to the fact ownership is limited to one cultivation facility and one dispensary, this applicant will now choose which cultivation facility it will license.
The Commission placed a letter in the mail today to these companies, providing formal notification of intent to award a license. Upon receipt of the letter, the companies each have seven days to pay the $100,000 licensing fee while also posting a $500,000 performance bond. Failure to complete these steps within seven days will result in disqualification, with the intent to award going to the next highest scoring application, which in this case would be the seventh highest score.
The top six scoring companies are (ranked first to sixth):
- Natural State Medicinals Cultivation (Jefferson County)
- Bold Team, LLC (Woodruff County)
- Natural State Wellness Enterprises (Jefferson County)
- Natural State Wellness Enterprises (Jackson County)
- Osage Creek Cultivation (Carroll County)
- Delta Medical Cannabis Company, Inc. (Jackson County)
A full list of scores for each cultivation application may be found on the website for the Medical Marijuana Commission, www.mmc.arkansas.gov.