A new single-lane roundabout in Benton is opening soon at the Interstate 30 Frontage Road intersection with the South Street bridge and Sevier Street (on the north side of the interstate).
Weather permitting, crews will open the Frontage Road roundabout during overnight hours on Thursday, September 8th. See the map above for an illustration of the roundabout.
Traffic movement that will use the new roundabout on the north side of I-30:
- Westbound Frontage Road traffic will enter the roundabout and take the second exit to continue west on the Frontage Road
- Eastbound Frontage Road traffic will enter the roundabout and take the first exit to access Sevier Street or the South Street bridge
- South Street bridge traffic will enter the roundabout and take the first exit to travel west on the Frontage Road
- Sevier Street and Bell Street traffic will enter the roundabout and take the first exit to continue west on the Frontage Road or the second exit to access the South Street bridge
Traffic movement that will NOT need to use the new roundabout:
- Westbound Frontage Road to Sevier Street
- Westbound Frontage Road to the South Street bridge
- South Street bridge to Sevier Street
Traffic will be controlled with construction barrels barricades, and signage.
This project (Job CA0601) is part of ARDOT’s Connecting Arkansas Program and includes widening 5.5 miles of Interstate 30 to three lanes in each direction, from the interchange with U.S. Highway 70 (Exit 111) to Sevier Street in Benton (Exit 116). The project also includes improvements at the Highway 67 interchange (Exit 114). More information on this $187.3 million project is available at ConnectingArkansasProgram.com.