Enjoy an Independence Day celebration on Balboa Beach in Hot Springs Village on Sunday, July 4th.
There will be concerts on the beach at Balboa Lake starting at 5 p.m., featuring Feeling Groovy Kid Show, Kenny Mann and Danger Zone and Bad Habit. Sponsored by Xplore Lakeside.
Fireworks start at 9:15 p.m.. Sponsored by Ike Eisenhauer State Farm Insurance.
Shuttles from Christ of the Hills, Balboa Baptist and Ponce de Leon Center from 12 noon to 8:30 p.m. Shuttles will resume at conclusion of the show. Limited parking will be available on the beach. Scroll for more details below.
See the list of Independence Day celebrations and submit yours! www.mysaline.com/4th
Shuttle, Parking and other Instructions
1. The Balboa Boat Ramp will close at 3p. The boat ramp will reopen after all pedestrians have left the area. Limited Boat Ramp parking will be moved to middle / north side of parking lot. Boat trailers may also be parked at the Ponce de Leon Center.
2. First come parking is available at the beach parking lot on a limited basis. Parking lot will be available at 70% capacity due to live concerts on the beach starting at 5pm. Parking lot closes at 3pm. Vehicles parked in this lot will experience delayed departure due to pedestrian traffic and will not be allowed out until all pedestrians have left the area. No exceptions. If you park in this lot, please disengage your after-market car alarms. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Restroom facilities will be available. Vehicles parked along the south side of Ponce de Leon Drive will be towed at the owner’s expense.
3. Ponce de Leon Drive will be closed from Magellan Drive to Balearic Road including the Balboa Dam, from 7pm until 10:30pm or until all pedestrians have left the area. No vehicles will be allowed across the dam after 7pm. No food or beverage will be available for purchase from the Dam site. Restroom facilities will be available.
4. Fireworks Shuttle Parking: Shuttle will run continuously from 12pm until 8:30pm and continue at the conclusion of the show.
5. Riders from Balboa Baptist Church and Ponce de Leon/Woodlands will be dropped off at the Balboa Pavilion.
6. Riders from Christ of the Hills United Methodist Church will be dropped off at the Balboa Dam.
If you have any questions, please call 501.922.0322.