Celebrating Halloween can be confusing to families when it lands on a Sunday. Parents may be concerned that it is the night before a school day, but also some people go to church on Sunday nights or have other activities.
To provide some unity on the subject, local elected officials have made the following statements:
- Mayor Allen Scott noted that there are already several community events planned for Saturday night, October 30th, and so officially, the city will be celebrating Halloween in the neighborhoods on Sunday, October 31st. The statement.
- Mayor Tom Farmer issued a statement that it is up to individual neighborhoods to decide. The statement.
In The Neighborhoods:
Sat Oct 30th
Pear Orchard neighborhood, East End
Sun, Oct 31st
Hurricane Lake Estates
St. Andrews Woods
Submit your neighborhood!
- Neighborhoods, tell us what day you’re doing trick or treat and we’ll add it to our list! Email us at [email protected]
- See the list of Harvest Festivals & Trunk or Treats at www.mysaline.com/october
- Enter your pumpkin in the decorating contest and you could win a $50 gift certificate to Chicken Salad Chick… www.mysaline.com/pumpkin