UPDATE SEPT 22, 2020
Previously, MySaline asked followers to vote on their favorite outdoor dining space at a restaurant in Saline County. We offered a $25 gift card to dine at whichever restaurant came in 1st place with the most votes. We also asked what it is about that experience that stands out above other outdoor restaurant spaces. You can scroll down to see those results.
Our third question was “What do you wish every outdoor dining space had?” See those results in the chart below. The top three were Shade, Fans, and Comfy Seating. I suspect the answers would be different in the cooler months.
Here is the list of winners, their percentage of the vote, and why survey participants said they chose them:
(Percentages are rounded to 10ths)
6th Place: Lost Pizza – 3.2% of the vote
- People like: Good food and opposite side of afternoon and evening sun. Shady spot, cold beer, nice staff. Atmosphere.
5th Place: Chepe’s Mexican Grill – 9.0% of the vote
- People like: Nice and cool area. Outdoor lighting above the tables, and the atmosphere and location of the patio. Spacious, perfect spot for a night out with friends or a family gathering. Reservations not needed for outdoor seating.
4th Place: Baja Grill – 12.9% of the vote
- People like: Food, atmosphere and good drinks. Shade and service. It is very modern, clean, in a shaded area, and spread out. Great sun blockage & air floor. Good music & great place to hang with friends. Updated, good liquor selection, downtown.
3rd Place: US Pizza – 18.0%
- People like: Shady, quaint. Great patio with great pizza. Awesome waiters, and comfortable atmosphere. Shaded, pet friendly. Big area, beautiful plants and water feature. Private space while in a convenient location.
2nd Place: Hideaway Pizza – 22.9%
- People like: Nice big fans so the bugs won’t bother you. Great service, full bar & good food. Rooftop space covered but still outdoors with comfy seating. Happy hour deals. Plenty of TVs. Cornhole, couches, fans great comfortable atmosphere.
And the big winner…
1st Place: Valhalla Restaurant – 23.2%
- People like: It’s secluded but still in town. Covered patio. Not too loud. Owners are awesome. Great food, atmosphere and games. Shade, fans, string lights, relaxed atmosphere, giant Jenga, ping pong, axe throwing.
Other Votes – 11.6%
And finally, there were other venues that only had one or two votes – and some of them are not in Saline County – but we will list them all anyway, because someone loved them enough to vote for them!
- 2 votes – Cotija’s Mexican Grill, Newk’s, Main St. Station, Riviera Maya
- 1 vote – Blue Heaven, East End Cafe, Eat My Catfish, Explore Lakeside , Gary’s Slingblade, La Terraza Rum & Lounge, La Villa, Po Boys, Red Robin , Riverside Grocery, Salem Dairy Bar, Sonic.
I said “finally” in the last paragraph, but there’s one more thing: Congrats to Victoria Carter for being picked to get the gift card from Valhalla!
ORIGINAL POST SEPT 12, 2020
That nice breezy fall weather is coming – the kind of weather that inspires customers to choose outdoor seating. There are quite a few restaurants in Saline County that have a patio or a deck in their space. Tell us your favorite and you could win a $25 gift card to the top restaurant! Use the form below to type in your answers, and in a week, MySaline will reveal the results. Submit your votes until 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, September 16, 2020. Tell your friends to vote!
[VOTING IS CLOSED]