Monday, January 16th is the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration in Benton. The theme for 2023 is Learning and Living Together.
There is a Prayer Breakfast, Service, Parade, Gathering & Essay Contest.
• Dr. MLK Jr. Prayer Breakfast and Distribution
- January 16, 8-9:30 a.m. at First Baptist Church of Benton, 211 S. Market Street.
- Delivery to Benton First Responders & Medical Frontline Staff provided by Big Red Stores.
- Call 501.847.7964 to request a delivery. (Requests must be received by noon Wednesday, January 11th).
• MLK Day of Service
- January 16, 10:30 a.m. at Ralph Bunche Park, 1300 S. East St.
Parade and Great Gathering
- January 16, 3 p.m. Parade line-up at 2:30 pm at CW Lewis Stadium.
- Parade Route: Begins on S. Market St., right onto West North St., right on South Main St.
- Contact Robin Freeman at [email protected] for entry form.
- The Great Gathering immediately after parade on Saline County Courthouse lawn.
- Deadline January 13, 2023.
- Benton School District.
- Prizes Awarded.
- See your principal to participate.
More info at www.Facebook.com/MLKBenton or call Evelyn 501-672-5764 or Linda 501-844-1964.