Six businesses in Saline County were recently cited for alcohol violations following undercover compliance checks.
Officers with the Benton Police Department’s Special Investigation Unit, the Saline County Sheriff’s Office, and the Alcoholic Beverage Control division of the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration conducted the undercover compliance checks. These operations were carried out with undercover officers accompanying a minor who goes into the business and attempts to order an alcoholic beverage. If the minor was served alcohol they excused themselves from the business and it was turned over to officers who then issued a citation to the offender.
The businesses which failed a compliance check were issued a citation for Selling Alcohol to a Minor.
“It takes a team effort with the business owners, employees, citizens and law enforcement to stop underage drinking,” said Saline County Sheriff Rodney Wright. “The compliance checks will make the county safer immediately, and there will be lasting positive impact through these efforts.”
The six businesses that FAILED an alcohol compliance check were:
- Dollar General Store, 601 South Street in Benton
- M & J’s Food Mart Inc., 22320 N. Sardis Road in Mabelvale
- Gascar, 17000 West Sardis Road in Bauxite
- Kum & Go, 1709 N. Reynolds Road in Bryant
- Logan’s Roadhouse, 23115 Interstate 30 in Bryant
- Riveria Maya, 1217 Ferguson Drive in Benton
There were also 21 business establishments that PASSED compliance:
- Dollar General – 23717 N. Sardis Road
- Big Red – 1611 Reynolds Road in Bryant
- Edwards Food Giant – 2203 N. Reynolds Road in Bryant
- Reynolds Road Bottle Shop – 100 Bryant Avenue in Bryant
- Main Street Liquor – 3411 Main Street in Bryant
- Murphy USA – 17305 I-30 in Benton
- EZ Mart – 1007 Military Road in Benton
- Colton’s Steakhouse – 1925 Landers Road in Benton
- Big Red – 820 Edison Avenue in Benton
- Jimmy’s Superstop – 901 Edison Avenue in Benton
- Downtown Billiards – 108 W. Sevier St. in Benton
- CVS – 609 Military Road in Benton
- Benton Food & Gas – 915 Newcomb Drive in Benton
- Parkway Liquor – 3805 Benton Parkway in Benton
- Alcoa Wine & Spirits – 6948 Alcoa Road in Benton
- Kroger – 20820 I-30 in Benton
- Salem Citgo – 6680 Congo Road in Benton
- Riverside Grocery – 4444 Highway 5 in Benton
- EZ Mart – Highway 5/Alcoa
- Gino’s Sports Grill – 17332 I-30 in Benton
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 7206 Alcoa Road in Benton
“We commend the business establishments who passed the alcohol compliance,” Benton Police Chief Kirk Lane said. “They are taking this responsibility seriously and they are following the state guidelines.”
The goal of the program is to have 100 percent compliance during future operations, which will be conducted again in the near future. Alcohol permits are a privilege and it is important to the safety of our young people that the law associated with them is strictly adhered to at all times.
To report suspected selling of alcohol or tobacco to minors, call the Benton Police Department at 501-778-1171 or 501-315-TIPS. Individuals also may send us anonymous information to CRIMES (274637) with the keyword BNPD in the body of the text or go to www.crimereports.com to leave a tip. A crime tip can also be submitted via the official Benton Police Department app found on ITunes and Google Play.
Any businesses listed as failing are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
Follow BNPD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benton-Police-Department/221829174560849