The Royal Players in Benton will hold auditions to cast roles in the stage production of Monty Python’s Spamalot.
Auditions will take place in Monday, January 24th, upstairs at The Royal Theatre at 111 S. Market in Downtown Benton, between 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Performance dates will be from March 31st through April 10th, 2022.
Those auditioning should prepare 32 bars or one minute of a song that is in the style of Monty Python’s Spamalot. An accompanist will be provided. Bring sheet music or a recording track of your song.
Actors of any genders, races, and ethnicities encouraged to audition. You must be at least age 15 by March 31, 2022 to audition.
Register to auditions by filling out the form at: https://forms.gle/37pYGTmnmgBVJGar7. You will receive an email with your audition time.
Spamalot book and lyrics by Eric Idle, music by John Du Perez. The director for this production will be Matthew Burns, and the music director will be Chris Waldron. The choreographer is to be determined.
• KING ARTHUR (Late 30s-60s.): The King of England who sets out on a quest to form the Knights of the Roundtable and find the Holy Grail.
• SIR ROBIN (30s-40s): A Knight of the Roundtable. Ironically called ‘Sir Robin the Brave,’ though he couldn’t be more cowardly. Joins the Knights for the singing and dancing.
• SIR LANCELOT (30s-40): A Knight of the Roundtable. He is fearless to a bloody fault but through a twist of fate, does discover his ‘softer side.’
• PATSY (30s-40s): King Arthur’s horse and servant. Under-appreciated but always longing for King Arthur’s approval. Good, funny, physical mover with some tap dancing.
• SIR GALAHAD (30s): A Knight of the Roundtable. Begins as Dennis, a lower class ‘mud gatherer’ who becomes Knighted and transforms into the dashing Sir Galahad.
• SIR BEDEVERE (20s-40s): A Knight of the Roundtable. An inept scholar.
• THE LADY OF THE LAKE (20s-30s): A Diva. Strong, beautiful, possesses mystical powers.
• Several parts played by One Male: (20s-30s Tenor) HISTORIAN: A tweedy academic. NOT DEAD FRED: A sickly little fellow who, despite others’ beliefs, claims he is “not yet dead.” FRENCH GUARD: The condemnatory French sidekick to the French Taunter. MINSTREL: In Sir Robin’s band. PRINCE HERBERT: The hopeful and frilly prince who loves to sing and pines for his love atop a tower.
• Various Ensemble Roles, like The Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, Mrs Galahad, Laker Girls, Knights of the Round Table, and Castle Guards.