Early Voter turnout for 2016 school election:
- 30 – Tue Sep 13, 2016
- 13 – Wed Sep 14, 2016
- 11 – Thu Sep 15, 2016
- 13 – Fri Sep 16, 2016
- 12 – Mon Sep 19, 2016
- 80 – Total Early Vote
Watch this blog for election race results after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday September 20, 2016.
EARLY VOTING for all four schools will be open the following times and locations:
- Tue, Sep 13 – Fri, Sep 16, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Mon, Sep 19 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- @ Benton Vote Center at 221 N. Main St, Benton
ELECTION DAY VOTING for Harmony Grove Schools will be open:
- Tue, Sep 20, 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- @Haskell Fire Station 2520 HWY 229, Benton/Haskell
The electronic voting machines will be used to conduct the election. Paper ballots will be used for Absentee Ballots and Provisional Ballots.
Here is a list of races for Harmony Grove:
If you like to view a sample ballot, visit www.voterview.org, and for any other questions please contact (501) 303-5630.
The 2016 Annual School Election is September 13-20, 2016. The Election Commission and the Saline County Clerk’s Office have set locations and times for Early Voting and Election Day Voting.
Something you may not know is that School Districts have the option to skip Election Day voting if there are no contested races and no millage issue. In simple terms, if there’s nothing to decide, then the school district can save their money by not hiring poll workers. How much money? Well, I asked one school district out of the four we have inside Saline County. Benton Superintendent of Schools Mike Skelton was gracious enough to find the following numbers for MySaline to make the comparison. It’s been since 2013 that there was a contested race in Benton Schools, so we started there.
- 2013 contested race election – $14,360 total cost of election for Absentee, Early & Voting Day costs.
- 2014 uncontested election – $786 total cost of election for Absentee, Early Voting costs.
- 2015 uncontested election – $1,200 total cost of election for Absentee, Early Voting costs.
What you’re looking at when skipping an unnecessary election day is a savings of about $13,000. Wow.
Having said that, this year, the Bauxite School District, Benton School District, and Bryant School District have no contested races
and no millage increase so voting for these school districts will be conducted by Absentee and Early
Voting Only. Harmony Grove will have a normal election, including Absentee, Early and Election Day Voting.