So you have paint and chemicals laying around that you want to get rid of… DON’T just throw them in the trash. This is very bad for the environment. DO take them to one of the Household Hazardous Waste events! Recycle Saline has partnered with CTS Services in their Household Hazardous Waste Program. This will allow for Saline County residential households to drop off HHW four times a year for only $10 cash per coupon (Some items are an extra charge – see more info below).
How the program works:
- Purchase a coupon for $10.00 (cash only) at the Recycle Saline office located at 520 Edison Ave. in Benton.
- Bring your driver’s license/state ID with current Saline County address. If your ID doesn’t have current address, show a current bill with current address.
- The person picking up the coupons must be present when dropping off at CTS Facility.
- Redeem the coupon at the CTS Facility located at 1218 River St. in Benton with your materials on any of the listed event dates.
- You can purchase a max of 4 coupons per household/per year.
- Coupons are non-refundable & non-transferable; coupons can’t be used in subsequent years
- Each coupon is good for 1 load of the approved items listed below.
Items Accepted with Coupon:
- Paint & paint thinners oil/water based (Maximum 5 gallons per vehicle)
- Oil/Fuel (Maximum 5 gallons per vehicle)
- Anti-Freeze (Maximum 5 gallons per vehicle)
- Pool Chemicals
- Household Cleaning Chemicals
- Fertilizers, Herbicides & Pesticides
- Automobile Cleaning Supplies
- Aerosol Cans
The individual will be responsible for the additional cost of anything over the maximum amount, payable to CTS at the time of disposal. That extra cost will be $.60 per pound/plus tax.
Items not included in the coupon and will need to be paid to CTS at time of disposal:
- Small Propane cylinders $3.00 each
- Large BBQ Propane cylinders $10.00 each
- Mercury containing Fluorescent Bulbs $.12 per foot
Wednesday, February 8, 9:00 a.m.-noon
Saturday, April 1, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, August 9, 9:00 a.m.-noon
Saturday, October 28, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
See the full list of events at www.mysaline.com/events, or browse the thumbnails below!