First Electric Cooperative and the National Weather Service at Little Rock invite area residents to participate in SKYWARN®storm spotter training classes conducted by NWS. The classes are open to the public and free of charge.
The class is intended for anyone with an interest in learning more about severe weather. This is part of an area-wide severe weather preparedness campaign conducted by NWS. Attendees at each class will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a Midland WR120 Weather Alert Radio.
“By attending this class, you will learn how to identify dangerous storms by sight, and then learn how to communicate that information to help keep the people in your community safe,” Dennis Cavanaugh, warning coordinator meteorologist with the NWS in Little Rock said.
The classes will be held:
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. in Bryant – Bishop Park, First Electric Room, 6401 Boone Road
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. in Heber Springs — First Electric’s office located at 150 Industrial Park
- Thursday, Sept. 21 at 10 a.m. in Perryville — First Electric’s office located at 801 South Fourche
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 10 a.m. in Hot Springs Village – Ponce de Leon Center, 1101 Desoto Blvd.
- Thursday, Sept 28. at 10 a.m. in Stuttgart — First Electric’s office located at 1824 South Main
- Thursday, Sept. 28 at 6 p.m. in Jacksonville — First Electric’s office located at 1000 South J.P. Wright Loop Road
First Electric serves more than 94,000 active accounts throughout 18 counties in central and southeast Arkansas. The cooperative’s headquarters is located in Jacksonville with full-service offices in Benton, Heber Springs, Perryville and Stuttgart. For more information, call 800-489-7405 or visit www.firstelectric.coop or www.facebook.com/FirstElectric.