Happy New Year! MySaline will be closed on January 1st to observe the holidays, except for emergencies. Meanwhile, here are some things you can do on the website:
- Read “The Sleigh,” a Christmas-themed story about three Arkansas brothers who find a mysterious crate in the woods, left behind from the train wreck of 1941. A little fact and a little fiction, this book is by Bryant resident Roger Poole (and yes he’s my dad). Visit www.mysaline.com/sleigh for all the chapters, a photo gallery, and even the recipe for Maxine’s Cat Head Biscuits!
- Watch the “All Posts” page for a New Year’s Quiz, and you can still try the Christmas Movie Quiz.
- Browse recipes from Shirtless Chef, Bite Out of Life or Shelli Cooks.
- You can use the search blank to look up anything on the website. For example, use words like: restaurant, covid, fire, bauxite, alcoa, ardot, election.
- Use the main menu at the top of the page to browse categories of the website, or scroll allllllll the way down the page to see all the menu choices in a list. There are news categories like mugshots, jobs, and business… columns about real estate, recipes, book reviews and more, lists of elected officials (that will change soon based on the 2020 election), and more!
- Use the URL blank to add onto the web address and find things from a specific time frame. For example, try www.mysaline.com/2020/12/15 to see everything on Dec 15th, or leave off the 15, like this – www.mysaline.com/2020/12 – to get everything from December. It’s fun to look back through the years.