Bryant Fire Chief J.P. Jordan was recently re-appointed by Governor Asa Hutchinson to serve another term on the Arkansas Fire Protection Services Board according to a November 2 press release from the Governor’s office. Chief Jordan serves as chair to the board.
The Arkansas Fire Protection Services Board duties include:
- Setting minimum standards for the certification of fire departments.
- Establish a system of identification for fire fighters of certified fire departments.
- Assist fire departments with training programs and assist with the establishment and upgrade of fire departments.
- Promote the exchange of information among fire departments and state agencies.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Department of Emergency Management with respect to the operation of Fire Services.
- Periodically review and evaluate current and proposed national and international activities of fire services to help maintain acceptable standards for the Arkansas fire departments.
- Advise the Director of the Arkansas Fire Training Academy in matters related to the training and certification of fire services personnel in Arkansas.
- Advise the Chancellor of Southern Arkansas University Tech in matters regarding the appointment and retention of the Director of the Arkansas Fire Training Academy.