Thanks to Ken Yang for this report:
Arkansas COVID-19 Update for MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2020. Please Continue Being Safe and Practicing Social Distancing.
There are currently 50,028 total cases (up 645, up 572 Sunday, up 772 Saturday)
- 13 of 645 in correctional facilities
- 7,343 active cases (52 in nursing homes, 886 correctional facilities, 6,450 community)
- Of the 645 new cases: 61 in Pulaski County, 52 Sebastian Co, 50 Garland Co, 43 Saline Co, 40 Jefferson Co, 32 Craighead Co, 21 Benton Co, 20 Independence Co
- 508 hospitalized (down 6)
- 555 deaths (up 11)
- 117 on ventilators (up 2)
- 42,139 recovered (up 678)
5,341 tests yesterday
- 8.8% overall positivity rate
- 1,495 antigen tests in month of August
- Find a testing location at AR.gov/COVID
Governor Hutchinson and Secretary Romero made these announcements today:
- The administration continues to monitor and ask questions about the Executive Orders President Trump signed this past weekend.
- Arkansas currently has about 120,000 on some form of unemployment. For Arkansas to meet the 25% to continue the Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, it would cost about $265 million.
- The best thing that could happen for Arkansas is if Congress comes to an agreement and passes a relief package so that we would not have to tap into the $250 million in reserve from the CARES Act.
- The daily average of new COVID-19 cases has gone down since the mask mandate and hopeful it will continue to do so.
- Enterovirus a rising issue as school starts, more information to come in the coming days.
- High school AND community sports directives should be up by end of today.
Saline County numbers at the end of the day yesterday were:
Active Positive: 219
The link for case numbers the entire state is: https://adem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f533ac8a8b6040e5896b05b47b17a647