First Electric Cooperative’s (FEC) member-supported Operation Round-Up program awarded $16,674 to 12 local organizations in July, including two Saline County organizations.
FEC members can volunteer to enroll in Operation Round-Up to have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. They have donated more than $1.3 million for local service organizations and scholarships for high school seniors since 1998. Members may enroll by calling 800-489-7405 or at www.firstelectric.coop/operation-round-up.
In Saline County this month, Habitat for Humanity received $2,000, and Paron Volunteer Fire Department received $2,274.
Other recipients by county include:
- Cleburne County Fair & Livestock Show Association — $2,000
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Garland County — $1,200
- The Literacy Council of Garland County — $500
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Grant County — $1,200
- Child Care Aware of Northcentral Arkansas — $1,500
- Ozark Foothills Literacy Project — $1,000
- Lonoke County Museum — $1,000
- North Pulaski Community Complex — $1,000
- Miracle League of Arkansas — $1,000
- Pangburn Fire Department — $2,000
First Electric serves more than 99,000 active accounts throughout 18 counties in central and southeast Arkansas. The cooperative’s headquarters is located in Jacksonville with full-service offices in Bryant, Heber Springs, Perryville and Stuttgart. For more information, call 800-489-7405 or visit www.firstelectric.coop or www.facebook.com/FirstElectric.