First Electric Cooperative’s member-supported Operation Round-Up program awarded $29,460 to 18 local organizations in April. Two organizations in Saline County received funds. Crow’s Station Fire Protection Association received $2,000 and Habitat for Humanity of Saline County received $1,500. Other organizations and amounts gifted are listed below.
Members who enroll in the Operation Round-Up program have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. They have donated more than $1.19 million for local service organizations and scholarships for high school seniors since 1998. Members may enroll by calling 800-489-7405 or looking under the “Community” tab at www.firstelectric.coop.
Recipients by county include:
- Phillips Community College Foundation – Stuttgart Council, $1,500.
- Drasco Fire Department, $1,400.
- Wilburn Fire & Rescue Department, $2,000.
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Cleburne County, $2,000.
- Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 57, $2,000.
- The Literacy Council of Grant County, $1,000.
- The Sonshine Project, $1,000.
- Feed the Veterans, $1,000.
- Civic Improvement Association of Perry County, $2,000.
- Morrilton Human Relations Council, $1,500.
- Perry County Shooting Sports, $1,520.
- Fish Net Missions of Jacksonville, $2,000.
- I Can! Of Arkansas, $2,000.
- Holy Sews, Inc., $2,000.
- Antioch Volunteer Fire Department, $2,040.
- Arkansas Bikers for Children, $1,000.
First Electric serves more than 95,000 active accounts throughout 18 counties in central and southeast Arkansas. The cooperative’s headquarters is located in Jacksonville with full-service offices in Bryant, Heber Springs, Perryville and Stuttgart. For more information, call 800-489-7405 or visit www.firstelectric.coop or www.facebook.com/FirstElectric.