Dustin Parsons, President of the Saline County Democratic Committee, announced the filing fees to run for elected office as a Democrat.
The Saline County Republican Committee filing fees are as follows:
- Justice of the Peace… $50
- Constable… $50
- County Committee Member… $30 (does not need to file with county clerk)
The filing dates for the 2020 election are beginning at noon on Monday, November 4, 2019, and ending at noon on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. The Arkansas preferential primary is Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The general election is November 3, 2020.
Step #1 to file as a Democratic candidate:
Come to the Democratic Party of Saline County office at 101 S. Market in Benton, to fill out partisan paperwork and pay the filing fee. There will be someone there to take filings during the following times, or by appointment by calling Dustin Parsons at 501-326-1202.
- Mon Nov 4, 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tue Nov 5, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wed Nov 6, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu Nov 7, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Fri Nov 8, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue Nov 12, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Step #2, you must go to the Benton Vote Center, 221 N. Main Street between Monday, November 4 at Noon through Tuesday, November 12 at Noon to turn in the necessary documents from the Democratic Party of Saline County and to finalize your candidacy with the Saline County Clerk’s office.
There are other county offices that are 4-year terms, so they do not run for office in this election cycle. If you have questions, call Dustin Parsons at 501-326-1202.