MySaline.com presents the Christmas Cookie Contest at 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 18, 2021. Bring your best batch and compete for prizes!🍪
Celebrity judges will sample each cookie and come up with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Roger Scott of 103.7 The Buzz, Mike Kennedy of The Point 94.1 and Ansley Watson of KATV will be the judges. Shelli Poole of MySaline will host the contest at the Farmers Market, 125 W. Ashley St. in downtown Benton.
Thanks to the presenting sponsor of this contest, CK Agency, Home, Auto & Life Insurance. CK Agency is a local women-owned insurance company that specializes in custom risk assessment for the most important things in your world. Their office is located in central Arkansas and is home to some of the state’s most knowledgeable advisors, ready and willing to assist in any of your insurance needs. Reach the CK Agency by calling or texting 501-221-3000 or email [email protected].
The cookie entries will be placed on tables and numbered. Judges will get their cookies first and then it will be open to the public. The cookies are free. There will also be a beverage cart with coffee and milk available for $1.00 each, with proceeds going to Civitan Services. The Saline County Library will be there with their mobile photo booth that automatically emails your photo.
Thanks also to our supporting sponsors:
Stephanie Nagle, Realtor at Baxley-Penfield-Moudy • Zoie Walker at Haven Salon & Style • Thomas Burchfield, running for County Treasurer • Holly Sanders, running for County Treasurer • Ragan Kyzer, running for County Treasurer • Exceptional Physical Therapy • Shotime Graphics • Courtney Jones, Realtor at C21 Parker & Scroggins • This Little Piggy • SOCO South & Coco • Merchants & Farmers Bank • Stephanie Casady, running for Court of Appeals Judge • Tony Furman, running for re-election as State Representative • Horton’s Orthotics & Prosthetics • American Legion Post 19, Benton, Ar • The Skin Bar Day Spa • Jody & Tonya Morgan • Throwback Cuts Barbershop • Koffee With A Kause.
This contest is free to enter. Admission and cookies are also free to the public. This year, there will also be an ice rink right next to this event at the Farmers Market. If you want to skate, ⛸ make reservations through Benton Parks and Rec at this link. Sometimes, there are open slots for walkups. See the link for prices. Skates are available and included in the skating fee.
Register using the info and link below to each make at least 3 dozen cookies of any variety, to be judged on Taste, Appearance and Christmas spirit. Contestants may bring up to three entries, but must bring at least 3 dozen of each entry. A contestant or representative must be present at the contest.
See important info & registration link for contestants below. 👇 If you have questions, email [email protected].
- The Farmers Market is in downtown Benton at the corner of Main and Ashley Streets. Click here for a map link.
- The deadline to register for this contest has passed. It was 7 p.m. Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
- The event is on Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- MySaline staff will be there by 2pm to set up tables, tablecloths and set up a station for beverages.
- Contestants can come as early as 2pm (any help is appreciated!)
- All contestants should be there by 230pm.
- Judging begins at 3pm.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced at 4pm.
- We need to start cleaning up around 430pm and out of the pavilion by 5pm. (Again, any help is appreciated!)
- You’ll share space on a table and it will have a red plastic tablecloth. You can decorate your plate/platter/basket/box of cookies with ribbon, garland, paper underneath, figurines or other props next to the cookies, etc.
- The cookie entries will each get a number.
- Don’t put your name on your entry, since we’re making an effort for the judges to be unbiased.
- Do name your cookie entry. Be as creative as you like. It may work in your favor.
- Judges will each have plates of cookies brought to them, with the numbers on the entries.
- They’ll just have the numbers on the cookies – not the names of people.
- The winning cookies will be decided according to the judges’ collective opinion.
- Cookies will be judged on taste, appearance and Christmas spirit.
- In the end, judges will discuss and decide on the top 3.
- Remember, this is just a local cookie contest, so let’s all be good sports whether or not you win. The main thing is to have fun – and to eat cookies!
- [Registration deadline has passed]
Email questions to [email protected] and I’ll answer them below.
- When it says we bring 3 dozen of each cookie type we enter, does that mean all 3 dozen are the same shape and design? Or does it mean they are all the same kind of cookie with the same kind of icing, but can be a variety of designs?
- They can be different designs but they need to be the same type of cookie. For example, if you enter a sugar cookie, it can be all different shapes but the same recipe, and that’s considered one entry.
- Can it be any variety of cookie?
- Yes! Be as creative as you like. Just remember it will be judged on taste, appearance and Christmas spirit.
- Will the tables be provided or do we need to bring one?
- We will have tables there.
- Can we set up any display we’d like?
- You can bring decor if you like for your dish(es). We will have red plastic tablecloths. The bakers won’t be seated with their cookies. We will put as many entries as possible on just a few tables, so other tables can be used for everyone to gather and eat.