MySaline.com presents the 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Contest at 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 17, 2022. Bring your best batch and compete for prizes! 🍪
Shelli Poole of MySaline will host the contest at the Downtown Benton Farmers Market, 125 W. Ashley St. Judges will sample each cookie and come up with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Thanks to the presenting sponsor of this contest, Three Best Bakery, at 1203 Highway 35 Suite 200 Benton, AR 72019. Three Best Bakery knows more than a little about cookies. For years Suzanne Godbold and her crew have been baking cookies, cakes and more to fill orders for the community. They make delicious small batch baked goods with quality real ingredients, including local eggs. The bakery moved to a larger location in 2022 and they now teach classes as well. Look for Three Best Bakery at Exit 117 off Interstate 30, behind Olive Garden. Follow them on their Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok. You can also order online at ThreeBestBakery.com. Phone and email are 501-837-8889 and [email protected].
Thanks to supporting sponsors:
- Your CBD Store in Benton
- Southern Trace Health & Rehabilitation
- “Date & Dash” speed dating events by Jill
- Eccentrically Wired and Dyed – Tie-dye garments and accessories
- Twigs Florist in Downtown Benton
- Colton’s Steakhouse in Benton
- DJ Motley State Farm Agency in Benton
- Shelby and Company – Marketing Agency
- Grace Lee Insurance Company – Independent agency – commercial & personal
- Tranquility Spa & Beauty in Bryant
- The Front Porch Market in Benton’s Salem community
We are still accepting supporting sponsors for this contest! Email [email protected]. Thanks also to Benton Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council for volunteering.
ALL OF THE
This contest is free to enter. Admission and cookies are also free to the public. There will also be an ice rink right next to this event at the Farmers Market. If you want to skate, ⛸ you must make reservations through Benton Parks and Rec at this link.
The cookie entries will be placed on tables and numbered. Judges will get their cookies first and then it will be open to the public. The cookies are free. There will also be a beverage cart with coffee and milk available for $1.00 each, with proceeds going to Civitan Services.
Register for the contest using the info and link below to each make at least 3 dozen cookies of any variety, to be judged on Taste, Appearance and Christmas spirit. Contestants may bring up to three entries, but must bring at least 3 dozen of each entry. A contestant or representative must be present at the contest. You can see photos from last year’s contest at www.mysaline.com/cookie-contest-2021.
See important info & registration link for contestants below. 👇 If you have questions, email [email protected].
- The Farmers Market is in downtown Benton at the corner of Main and Ashley Streets. Click here for a map link.
- The deadline to register for this contest is Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 7 p.m.
- The event is on Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 11 a.m.
- MySaline staff will be there by 10 a.m. to set up tables, tablecloths and set up a station for beverages.
- Contestants can come as early as 10 a.m. (any help is appreciated!)
- All contestants should be there by 10:30 p.m.
- Judging begins at 11 a.m.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced at around 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- We need to start cleaning up around 12:30pm and out of the pavilion by 1 p.m. (Again, any help is appreciated!)
- You’ll share space on a table and it will have a red plastic tablecloth. You can decorate your plate/platter/basket/box of cookies with ribbon, garland, paper underneath, figurines or other props next to the cookies, etc.
- The cookie entries will each get a number.
- Don’t put your name on your entry, since we’re making an effort for the judges to be unbiased.
- Do name your cookie entry. Be as creative as you like. It may work in your favor.
- Judges will each have plates of cookies brought to them, with the numbers on the entries.
- They’ll just have the numbers on the cookies – not the names of people.
- The winning cookies will be decided according to the judges’ collective opinion.
- Cookies will be judged on taste, appearance and Christmas spirit.
- In the end, judges will discuss and decide on the top 3.
- Remember, this is just a local cookie contest, so let’s all be good sports whether or not you win. The main thing is to have fun – and to eat cookies!
- Flyer will be attached below – coming soon!
- The Facebook event page is coming soon!
- Please invite your friends and family!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Email questions to [email protected] and I’ll answer them below.
- When it says we bring 3 dozen of each cookie type we enter, does that mean all 3 dozen are the same shape and design? Or does it mean they are all the same kind of cookie with the same kind of icing, but can be a variety of designs?
- They can be different designs but they need to be the same type of cookie. For example, if you enter a sugar cookie, it can be all different shapes but the same recipe, and that’s considered one entry.
- Can it be any variety of cookie?
- Yes! Be as creative as you like. Just remember it will be judged on taste, appearance and Christmas spirit.
- Will the tables be provided or do we need to bring one?
- We will have tables there.
- Can we set up any display we’d like?
- You can bring decor if you like for your dish(es). We will have red plastic tablecloths. The bakers won’t be seated with their cookies. We will put as many entries as possible on just a few tables, so other tables can be used for everyone to gather and eat.
- Do the bakers have to talk about their cookies?
- Nope! Just bring your entry and place it on the table where we tell you. You’ll get checked off the registration list and issued a contestant number.