Eight Saline County Schools were nominated for the 2020-21 Capturing Kids’ Hearts (CKH) National Showcase School award, according to a news release from Flippen Group that awards them.
For just over 30 years, CKH has brought tools to thousands of campuses nationwide that equip educators to implement transformational processes focused on cultivating student-connectedness, improving school culture, and fostering social-emotional learning. These processes are designed to directly impact every aspect of a school community.
CKH recognizes campuses implementing these processes with measurable results that are making a difference in the lives of students. 339 campuses nationwide have been nominated for 2020-2021.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase School nominees are evaluated and selected based on survey and performance data from administrators, teachers, and staff. Decreases in discipline rates and positive campus culture are common themes among the data from nominated campuses.
There are 3 in the Benton School District and 5 in the Bryant School District.
- Caldwell Elementary, Benton, Arkansas ● Principal Diane Lovell*
- Howard Perrin Elementary, Benton, Arkansas ● Principal Stacye Shelnut*
- Ringgold Elementary, Benton, Arkansas ● Principal Beverly Mayfield*
- Collegeville Elementary, Bryant, Arkansas ● Principal Tami Edwards*
- Davis Elementary, Alexander, Arkansas ● Principal Dondre Harris
- Hurricane Creek Elementary, Bryant, Arkansas ● Principal Jacqueline Vergason
- Parkway Elementary, Alexander, Arkansas ● Principal Michele Lewis
- Salem Elementary, Bryant, Arkansas ● Principal Donaven Sims
*Indicates schools that received a Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase Schools award for the 2019-2020 school year.
See the following link for the entire list of 2020-21 nominees:2020-2021+CKH-NSS+Nominee+List+by+State