Bryant citizens will have an election issue to consider on November 14th, 2023. The Saline County Board of Election Commissioners announced details for voting in this City of Bryant Special Election.
City officials have been discussing and revising an ordinance for several months that would create and fund an Advertising and Promotion Commission. That’s on the ballot along with a bond question for new indoor tennis and pickleball facilities.
Decision 1 – Yes or No to Ordinance 2023-18
This would levy a 3% tax on hotels, venue rentals, and the like; along with a 2% tax on prepared foods and beverages. Read the specifics in the ordinance.
Distribution of the funds would be split.
- If none of the fund is pledged to paying off any bonds:
- 50% would be dedicated to parks and recreation projects, and
- 50% would be used as a general fund for the A&P Commission to use as they see fit, within the parameters of Arkansas law.
- If any of the money is pledged to a bond, the remaining funds would dedicate:
- 87% to Parks and Recreation projects, and
- 13% to the A&P Commission to use as they see fit, within the parameters of Arkansas law.
Decision 2 – Yes or No to Ordinance 2023-19
The City of Bryant would build a new indoor tennis and pickleball facility, along with parking, a street, utilities, signs, landscaping, lighting. This is in the City’s anticipation of “attracting a substantial number of additional visitors to the City,” according to the Ordinance.
Scroll to the end 👇🏻for screenshots with the exact wording of the Bryant City Ordinances that would take effect if the issue should pass. The places, dates and times are also listed below.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE VOTING PLACES, DATES & TIMES BELOW 👇🏻
AND THE FULL VOTING ORDINANCE DOCUMENTS👇🏻
- Benton Vote Center
– 221 N. Main St. Benton
- Mabel Boswell Memorial Library
– 201 Prickett Rd. Bryant
- Tue Nov 7
- Wed Nov 8
- Thu Nov 9
- Mon Nov 13
- 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Election Day Voting
- First Baptist Church Bryant
– 6715 Highway 5 Bryant
- First Southern Baptist Church
– 604 S. Reynolds Rd. Bryant
- Tue Nov 14
- 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
READ THE FULL ORDINANCES BELOW 👇🏻
Ordinance 2023-18 spells out the percentage of tax, where it’s taken, and the percentages of distribution:
Ordinance 2023-21 refers Ordinance 2023-18 to the registered voters of the City of Bryant:
Register to vote, or update your registration. Get started at the Arkansas Voter View page.