The Bryant Fire Department (BFD) announces open registration for Citizen Fire Academy (CFA). This is a 7-week program for Bryant residents to get hands-on learning of what firefighters encounter. The registration deadline is August 11th. Classes will meet on Monday nights except for the last class on a Saturday. The program begins on August 21st.
The program includes live demonstrations, classroom learning and hands-on experiences, all of which are designed to give the participant a true feel for the BFD. The program is free and open to anyone 18 or older who lives in Bryant. Four citizens from each of the four city wards will be selected to attend.
- What: Bryant Fire Department Citizen Fire Academy
- Who: The CFA is open to anyone 18 or older and has no prior felony convictions. Classes are limited to no more than 16 students. This allows everyone to have a chance to do hands on activities.
- When: August 21 , 2017 – October 7, 2017. Classes meet on Monday evenings except for a final class on a Saturday. Classroom and hands-on activities run from 6:30 – 9:30pm.
- Where: Classes are held at the Bryant Fire Department HQ, located at 312 Roya Lane.
- How: For more information, contact Captain Ryan McCormick at (501)-943-0395 or [email protected].
Classes in the CFA are taught by professional career firefighters and include:
- Emergency Apparatus and Equipment
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire and Building Codes
- Fire Ground Operations
- Fire Prevention and Investigation
- Fire Science
- Fire Station Tour
- Hazardous Materials
- History of the Fire Service
- Organization and Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Training
- Search and Rescue
- Self-Contained-Breathing-Apparatus (SCBA)
- Vehicle Extrication (Jaws of Life)
Leave a Reply