Bryant City Council will meet Tuesday, February 28th at 6:30 p.m.with a full agenda, including the possibility of the return of an Advertising and Promotion Commission and an increase in the Millage. This meeting will be held at the Boswell Municipal Complex located at 210 SW 3rd Street in Bryant. All city council meetings are open to the public and Bryant residents are encouraged to attend. See the agenda below, with links on each item for more info.
The A&P Commission would come with a sales tax. That would mean a 3% tax on hospitality in the city limits and a 1% tax on eateries. If passed, the funds raised from these taxes would mostly go to Parks & Recreation – 70%. Then 25% for advertising and promoting things going on in the city, and 5% will go to administration of the account.
See the link to full proposed A&P ordinance in item 6 below👇🏻 to see:
- who would be on the commission,
- what type of businesses exactly would affected by the new tax,
- and how the money would be used.
The Millage would be an increase of 1.2 mills. The current millage is 3.8 and this would raise it to 5.0. The funds would be applied to the Police and Fire pensions.
1. Unapproved City Council Minutes – February 6, 2023
2. Financial Report – Ending January 31, 2023
Presentation and approval of the 2023 January Year to Date City Financial Report, see attachment.
3. Ordinances – Millage for Real and Personal Property
Ordinance to approve the Real and Personal Property Millage amounts for the City of Bryant, AR, see attachment.
👉🏻Read the mobile-friendly text of the ordinance at this link: www.mysaline.com/bryant-cc-ord-022823-3 or download the pdf with the link below.
4. Resolution – Authorizing the Offering of Capital Improvement Revenue Bonds
Approval of a Resolution to authorize the offering of capital improvement revenue bonds; and prescribing other matters pertaining thereto, see attachment, presented by Bond Counsel.
5. Real Estate Ordinance – Sponsored by Councilmembers Meyer and Henson
Ordinance establishing a procedure for the sale, exchange, transfer, purpose, or repurpose of property within the city of Bryant.
6. A&P Tax Ordinance
An ordinance establishing an advertising and promotion commission for the city of Bryant
👉🏻Read the mobile-friendly text of the ordinance at this link: www.mysaline.com/bryant-cc-ord-022823-6 or download the pdf with the link below.
7. Ordinance to Modify Fire & Police Step and Grade
Modify the existing Fire and Police Department’s Step & Grade pay structure to be competitive in the marketplace.
8. Update Wastewater Master Plan – Wastewater Master Plan
9. Emergency Sanitary Sewer Line Repair – Emergency Repair of Sanitary Sewer Line Repair
Line segment from MH 31281 to MH 31280 and MH 31280 to 31275. The first line segment is to the rear of properties along 412, 406, 318 and Suncrest St. The second segment is to the east of 318 Suncrest St.
10. Disposal of Old Meter Systems – For discussion
See the full agenda with supporting documents at this PDF link.