Bryant Mayor Allen Scott hosts a time on the first Saturday of the month to update residents on things happening in the city and answers questions as well. This month, Tiffany Dunn was the special guest. She is the Executive Director at Recycle Saline and the Chair of the Keep Bryant Beautiful board. See the video below, and some notes about times and other details after that.
- Intro Tiffany Dunn and she explains what Recycle Saline does. Landfill coupons, recycling events for electronics and hazardous waste, Re-Fashion Bash, shredding, and more.
- Discussing Keep Bryant Beautiful and what the program is about. The Adopt-a-Street program and ways to think about picking up litter.
- If you want to adopt a street and have a sign erected saying you’re keeping that street clean (for individuals, a team or a business), email [email protected] to get info. They are also looking for board members on Keep Bryant Beautiful and you can get info through the same email address.
- Details about the Landfill’s hours and services.
- Street updates, including Bryant Parkway in different sections. Once FAA approves project, construction can begin on that southern section hopefully in Summer 2021.
- Hilltop Rd and Springhill Rd intersection improvement to alleviate flooding.
- May 2021 goal for beginning improvements at Hilltop, Hilldale & Bryant Parkway.
- Signal for Arkansas Highway 5 N and Bryant Parkway is about 30% designed by ARDOT.
- If you are age 65 or over, you can come to the City of Bryant Water Department and apply for a discount on your water bill.
- Mayor recently made a proclamation that Feb 12 is Bryant Hornets Day to celebrate the 3-peat of the Bryant football team in the State Championships, as well as other athletic accomplishments.
- Mayor will give the State of the City Address at the February City Council Meeting.
- The Mayor announces the formation of the Community Engagement Committee to bridge the divide between city communications and the citizens of Bryant.
- Mayor hopes to resume in-person “Coffee with the Mayor” meetings in the next few months, but will continue doing virtual meetings. Info coming soon.
- Send any questions or concerns or any ways you can help to: [email protected] or the Mayor’s Assistant Dana Poindexter at [email protected]