The Bryant City Council will meet Tuesday, September 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss a grant for animals, limiting right-of-way permits for contractors, the purchase of equipment, and other items.
The City will not discuss the replacement of Mayor Allen Scott during this meeting. Instead, the City Council will consider candidates in a Special Called Meeting on Thursday.
Bryant Animal Control and Adoption Center will soon receive a $12,500 grant to help stray animals. Best Friends Animal Society is a non-profit organization based in Kanab, Utah that provides financial assistance. The organization states their mission is “No More Homeless Pets.” Bryant is required to use $7,500 of the funds for free microchips in the city. The other $5,000 can be used as the director sees fit.
Regarding the contractor permits, the proposed City ordinance states an aim to protect public health and infrastructure. A segment of the Ordinance reads:
MORE BELOW, INCLUDING HOW TO WATCH THE MEETING + LINK TO FULL AGENDA 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
“Due to the high demand of locates, active boring, and construction within the Bryant Corporate City Limits, the City of Bryant deems it necessary to limit the amount of active Right-of-Way Permits a company, contractor or subcontractor may have open at one time. Limiting said permits will allow the City of Bryant to maintain public health, public safety, help protect city infrastructure and to give the highest quality of locates that we can provide, along with complying with Arkansas One-Call positive response timing.”
Come to the meeting in person at Boswell Municipal Complex-City Hall Courtroom, 210 SW 3rd Street or watch live on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/c/BryantArkansas. The agenda outline is below. Find the full agenda with documents at this link.
1. August 2023 Council Meeting – Unapproved minutes
2. September 18, 2023 Special Council Meeting – Unapproved minutes
3. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Proclamation
4. Greater Bryant Chamber of Commerce Report
5. August 2023 – ending Financial Report – Approval and Acceptance of the August 2023 ending Financial Report, see attachment.
6. Ordinance – for Records Destruction – An Ordinance providing for the permission to destroy certain records per city policy in resolution 2015-5 and for other purposes, see attachment.
7. Budget Adjustments – Resolution to amend the city budget for 2023 – A resolution to amend the city budget for the period ending December 31, 2023, see attachment.
8. Best Friends Animal Society Grant – Approval of MOU – Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding with Best Friends Animal Society for a grant of $12,500 to provide free microchipping for pets in the City of Bryant, and for other purposes.
9. Police & Fire Step & Grade Discussion – Requested by Councilman Jon Martin.
10. Bishop Repairs
11. Approval of revised Police Department Standards of Conduct and Policies and Procedures
12. Gov Deals – Request to purchase equipment from Gov Deals-generated revenue
- Greenway – Compact Tractor
- Nationwide Trailers Cabot
- Red River – 2500 1
- Red River 2500 2
13. Right-Of-Way Permits – An ordinance limiting the amount of open right-of-ways permits a company, contractor, or subcontractor may have open at one time.
READ RECENT ARTICLES RELATED TO REPLACING MAYOR ALLEN SCOTT: