About 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, detectives with the Benton Police Department/Saline County Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Unit served an arrest and search warrant at the residence of 37-year-old William Justin Butts located in the 3600 block of Bauxite Cutoff Road in Bauxite. Butts had been implicated as being a narcotic distributor in that area which prompted detectives to initiate an investigation.
Butts was taken into custody on the arrest warrant for Delivery of a Controlled Substance. During the search, detectives seized approximately one (1) pound of suspected high grade Marijuana, suspected Methamphetamine and suspected pharmaceutical narcotics that were allegedly being readied for distribution. Detectives also seized firearms and various drug paraphernalia from the residence.
In addition to the arrest warrant, Butts was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance with Purpose to Deliver, class C felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine with Purpose to Deliver, class C felony
- Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance with Purpose to Deliver, class B felony
- Maintaining a Drug Premises, class B felony
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, class D felony
- Possession of Firearm by Certain Person, class D felony
- Delivery of Marijuana, class A misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, class A misdemeanor
- Simultaneous Possession of Drugs and Firearms, class Y felony
The Benton Police Department and Saline County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank citizens for reporting their concerns of such activity.
Anyone with information concerning criminal activities conducted at the residence or with the arrested, are encouraged to contact the Benton Police Department at 501-778-1171 or 501-315-TIPS. Individuals also may send us anonymous information to CRIMES (274637) with the keyword BNPD in the body of the text or go to www.crimereports.com to leave a tip. A crime tip can also be submitted via the official Benton Police Department app found on ITunes and Google Play.
Any suspects listed are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
Follow BNPD on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benton-Police-Department/221829174560849