Trails, Fire, Police, Tech, Boys & Girls, Seniors and yes, Tacos.
Benton Mayor David Mattingly held a press conference Thursday morning to give updates on several projects in the city, and confirmed MySaline’s previous announcement that Benton will be getting a Tacos 4 Life restaurant.
See the video for all the details and to meet the owners and others.
- 00:04:02 – Begin/Trails
- 00:08:03 – Fire & Police
- 00:14:04 – Boys & Girls Club
- 00:19:10 – ACDI
- 00:21:25 – Tacos 4 Life
The other announcements included:
- The City having been awarded $315K & $155K grants for the nearly 5 miles of trails going around the soon-to-open Riverside Park, as well as Sunset Lake and the nearby Reservoir.
- The official rendering of the outside of the Fire and Police substation to be built at 1709 Highway 5 North (by Napa, across from Sonic).
- Since a new Senior Center will be included in the Riverside Park facility, their old building will be remodeled and will become yet another Fire and Police substation.
- The new Boys & Girls Club will also be included in the Riverside Park facility, and they will be having a special lease-signing ceremony soon. They will be able to serve 700 children, a big increase from their current ability to serve 400 children.
- ACDI, the tech/software company that bought the old Harvest Foods property in downtown Benton, will finally be breaking ground soon.
[…] Trails, Fire, Police, Tech, Boys & Girls, Seniors & yes, Tacos […]
[…] What mall, you say? The Shoppes of Benton, if that’s what they are still calling it. GBT Realty purchased land on Interstate 30 next to Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and broke ground a few months ago. Now we’re seeing brick frames pop up, and the first day of shopping is expected to happen in late Spring 2017. Stores that have committed to the mall at this time are Hobby Lobby, PetSmart, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Ulta, Rack Room Shoes, Maurices, Sally Beauty, SportClips, All Aboard Restaurant & Grill, Texas Roadhouse, Avalon Nails and Sprint. There’s a new residential subdivision developing across from Mills Park, off Mills Park Road called Sage Creek. Expect about 40 homes in a curvy one-street neighborhood. Another subdivision, Hunter’s Crossing, is adding Phase II of the neighborhood. It’s on the north side of Bryant, located north off Highway 5 North (a.k.a. Stagecoach Road) and east of Reynolds Road. There is an educational facility to be located at 1110 Reynolds Road. That’s at the southeast side of the intersection of Reynolds and Dogwood Place. The business is called Arkansas Early Learning – Saline County Children Learning Center. And finally (unless you point out more things) there is a new subdivision on Zuber Road, across from Bethel Middle School, called Benjamin Grove. See, I knew I left some things out, but not being able to keep up with all the new business… that’s a good problem to have! Here’s my update as of December 4, 2016: Roller Ballard Funeral Home has a piece of land at the northwest corner of Alcoa Road and Boone Road. They will break ground in the next couple of months for a new facility. Tacos 4 Life is building on the north end of Alcoa Road, between Slim Chickens and Pilot Gas station. Click to see the articles about this on Sep 30 2016 and Oct 6, 2016. […]
[…] UDPATE: https://www.mysaline.com/benton-business-100616 […]