We’re all wondering what effect Marco and Laura will have on Arkansas this week. According to the National Weather Service in Little Rock, here’s what’s coming:
• The current forecast shows Tropical Storm Laura strengthening into a Hurricane by late Tuesday night into early Wednesday morning over the Gulf of Mexico.
• Laura is forecast to make landfall late Wednesday into early Thursday morning.
• The storm center will lift north over Arkansas sometime Thursday afternoon into Friday. Impacts could be felt as early as Wednesday afternoon and night.
Hazards are the following:
• Heavy rain/flash flooding (mainly central/eastern Arkansas)
• Strong winds/wind gusts (mainly southern Arkansas)
• Isolated tornadoes (mainly eastern Arkansas)
Showers and thunderstorms will return on Sunday, however the
threat of additional hazardous weather is low.
MySaline will give an update when there’s more news.