It occurred to me that I had all the ingredients handy to make this sausage, egg and cheddar pizza from scratch. Just look at that crust, boys and girls. Get a closeup of those hearty breakfast toppings. Mmm. I learned after last time that you have to shore up the edges of the crust or you’re gonna have an egg river pretty quick. Oh and you butter those edges halfway into baking time so they get deliciously crunchy.
Here’s the recipe (give or take) …
This is 2 servings.
- Two sausage patties go in the frying pan on medium low as you get out the other ingredients. You’ll chop/crumble the sausage up as it cooks while intermittently making the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour (this ain’t no gluten-free recipe) into the bowl and mix it with a thing (fork, spoon, rubber spatula, hands…) You might need to add more or less flour, depending on how thick the yogurt is.
- (stir your sausage)
- Mash that dough bidness up good. You don’t want it sticky to the touch but not dry either. Got your dough ready? Spray pam/oil on a pizza sheet.
- (stir your sausage)
- Put your dough roll on the pan. Use a rolling pin or your fingers to push it flat into a crust. Shore up your edges so it makes a dam for your eggs when you put them in.
- (stir your sausage and maybe turn it down or off by now)
- Crack two large eggs in a measuring cup or coffee cup. Stir them up with a fork. Pour eggs into raw crust. Spread it around level, but keep it inside the dam. Pepper your eggs now if you want. You shouldn’t need salt because the sausage has plenty.
- Now take that browned and crumbled sausage and sprinkle it on top of the eggs.
- Next sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar on top. (I know you’re going to put more. Whatever, I don’t care.)
- The oven should be ready, so pop that pizza in there. Timer on 5 minutes.
- Clean some dishes and countertop while you wait. (Or don’t. I’m not the boss of you.)
- At the bell/beep, take it out and brush some butter (or margarine, if you’re a heathen) on the crust edges. Put pizza back in for another 5 minutes.
- DING! Take it out of the oven and get your jimmies rustled for some eye-rolling good eating.
- Pretend you’re going to share it with someone, take a picture to post online, slice that booger up and inhale it like the breakfast dumpster you are. I’m very proud of you.