Congratulations to the Bryant Hornets for earning the 7A State Championship title two years in a row. Bryant bested the North Little Rock Wildcats with a final score of 21-7.
The Benton Panthers fell short in the beginning of their Championship game against the Searcy Lions. Benton rallied in the second half and narrowed the score to within one point, but they were unable to complete a two-point conversion. In the end, there wasn’t enough time for the Panthers to make a comeback and the Lions won it, 28-27.
We’re proud of all our Saline County teams. See photos and video from both games at www.facebook.com/MySaline/posts.
PICTURES & VIDEO
Wear school colors, bring signs, show up and cheer and make them feel awesome!
Bryant Fans – At 3pm Friday, everyone should line up on Reynolds Road between the High School and the Interstate. The team will get a police escort out of town.
Benton Fans – At 3pm Saturday, everyone should come to the parking lot at Wood Grill in Benton (click for map). There will be a police escort for the team.
Two Saline County high school football teams are headed to the State Championships at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
- The 7A Bryant Hornets will face the North Little Rock Wildcats on Fri., Dec. 6th at 7 p.m. Gates open at 5:30 pm.
- The 6A Benton Panthers will play the Searcy Lions on Sat., Dec. 7th at 6:30 p.m. Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- Beginning Tuesday, December 3rd, get tickets to the game tickets at our local Big Red Stores – Bryant tickets at Bryant stores and Benton tickets at Benton stores. Tickets are $7.00 for adults and $6.00 for students. Tickets will also be available at each school’s athletics office.
- Benton Big Red Stores: 11580 Hwy 70 | 1219 West South Street | 2501 Northlake Road | 820 Edison Avenue | 4720 Highway 67 | 620 Military Road | 2908 Congo
- Bryant Big Red Stores: 7701 Hwy 5 North | 1524 S Reynolds Rd | 1611 North Reynolds Road | 2400 Springhill
- War Memorial Stadium has a clear bag policy. Read the stadium policies before coming to the game.
War Memorial Stadium is at 1 Stadium Dr, Little Rock, AR 72205
- You can park in the east lot (Monroe St. side) and on the golf course (Fair Park Bl. side).
- Bryant is the Home team on Friday night. Fans will enter on the west side (the golf course/press box side).
- Benton is the Visiting team on Saturday night. Fans will enter on the east side (the big parking lot side).
- The 2019 7A Championship game will be broadcast live on AETN affiliates and 103.7 The Buzz FM.
- TELEVISION — AETN will broadcast the 2019 high school state finals live, in partnership with the Arkansas Activities Association. Watch the games on AETN’s main channel. Check for channel information.
- RADIO — The Arkansas high school football and basketball state finals are also broadcast live on 103.7 The Buzz in Central Arkansas and at 1037thebuzz.com/football and 1037thebuzz.com/basketball.
- INTERNET — On the Monday after the games, the public will be available to watch at AETN Sports at their convenience. You can also watch at youtube.com/aetnsports and through the PBS app on mobile or streaming devices. DVDs will also be available for purchase.