So many people have asked and I’ve wondered myself about different businesses around Springhill Road and Highway 5 North, so the following is what I know. First, a map. An unofficial map, however, all of it is from a reliable source.
Here is a link to the area we’re talking about: https://email@example.com,-92.5177877,447m/data=!3m1!1e3
You can look for five things to happen in the near future:
- STORAGE – An expanded storage center for your RV, boat, and/or vehicle to the west/left of Fred’s.
- LIQUOR – A liquor store to the west/left of Fred’s.
- CHINESE – A small Chinese restaurant that will probably have a drive-thru and probably not have a dining area. It will be to the east/right of Fred’s, where a home used to be. The people behind it are the same that owned Taste of D-Light, the Chinese restaurant that was formerly located on North Reynolds Road, near the corner of Highway 5 North.
- BANK – A bank that currently has a small office on Highway 5 North, near Larry’s Pizza – Merchant Farmers Bank. The new location will be at the southwest corner of Springhill Road and Highway 5 North .
- WIDENING – The AHTD will be widening Highway 5 North from Reynolds Rd. to Alcoa Rd. Actual construction is set to begin August 2017.
That red line above the bank is approximately where there are several large trees that we’ll hate to lose. It looks like the bank is leaving them, but that’s because the AHTD (Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department) owns that property now. Since it’s difficult to widen a highway with trees in the middle, those trees are leaving.