Early Head Start, Head Start and Arkansas Better Chance programs will continue to be closed to children until after April 17th, 2020. The following announcement is from the Central Arkansas Development Council:
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson announced all public schools will be closed until April 17, 2020 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Hutchinson made the announcement during a press conference Thursday afternoon, March 19, 2020. The state of Arkansas is now reporting 62 cases of the novel coronavirus, as of Thursday, March 19, 2020. In which two of the cases were children; the rest were adults, state officials said. Officials stated the most did not require hospitalization.
Therefore, the Central Arkansas Development Council Early Head Start/Head Start/Arkansas Better Chance (CADC EHS/HS/ABC ) program will follow the lead of Governor Asa Hutchinson and the Arkansas Division of Education to remain closed to our program’s children and families from March 30, 2020 to April 17, 2020.
CADC EHS/HS/ABC will re-open our facilities to our children and families on Monday, April 20, 2020, unless otherwise directed by the Arkansas Division of Education, Arkansas Department of Health, CDC, etc.
CADC EHS/HS/ABC will continue to engage families and deliver services to the extent possible through the following ways:
- CADC EHS/HS/ABC full-time employees will continue to report to work at their assigned facilities beginning March 30, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. unless otherwise directed before that date and time.
- CADC EHS/HS/ABC full-time employees will continue to make daily/ weekly/bi-weekly (as needed on a consistent basis) phone calls to parents and legal guardians in order to touch base with them during times of closure to check on the student’s well-being and family well-being, assist with needed resources, etc.
- CADC EHS/HS/ABC full-time teaching staff will continue to utilize CADC social media and Google Classroom as tools to reach our children and families by having virtual classroom activities and lessons. CADC EHS/HS/ABC teachers will virtually instruct our students.
- CADC EHS/HS/ABC full-time teaching staff will continue to conduct CADC EHS/HS/ABC Parent-Teacher Conferences and Home Visits over the phone or virtually through FaceTime or other IT methods of your choice with parents and legal guardians.
- CADC EHS/HS/ABC full-time teaching staff will continue conduct Policy Council Meetings and other advisory committee meeting will be held virtually or by mail-out voting options to meet requirements.
Central Arkansas Development Council (CADC) is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for our employees while protecting our customers as well. Everyone’s health and wellness is our goal. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this decision, but it is in the best interest of our students, families, staff, and communities. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this decision, but it is in the best interest of our students, families, staff, and communities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Barbie Baxter, CADC EHS/HS/ABC Program Manager-Director at (501) 332-5426.
Leave a Reply