The Bryant City Council will meet Tuesday, May 31st at 6:30 p.m.
Come to the meeting in person at Boswell Municipal Complex-City Hall Courtroom, 210 SW 3rd Street or watch live on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/c/BryantArkansas.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
Bryant City Council
Boswell Municipal Complex – City Hall Court Room
210 SW 3rd Street
Date: May 31, 2022 – Time: 6:30 PM
Pledge of Allegiance
Call to Order
Approval of Minutes
1. Approval of the April 26th, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
• Unapproved Council Minutes April 22.pdf
Presentations and Announcements
2. Bryant 101 Graduation – Recognize the graduates of the 2022 Bryant 101 Course.
Ellis McMellon Ward 1
Lori Page Ward 1
Candice Calhoun Ward 1
Michelle Hood Ward 1
Shatoria Daniels Ward 2
Jon Martin Ward 2
Wesley Dickinson Ward 2
Robyn Davis Ward 3
Carlis Lawson Ward 4
3. Garver Update – Bryant Parkway and City Wide Drainage(Stormwater) Master Plan Updates
Garver will give an update on the Bryant Parkway project and the Drainage Master Plan. Reference attachments for details.
• Garver Project Updates (2022-05-31) (1).pdf
4. Public Works
Presenter: Tim Fournier, Bryant Public Works Director
5. Year to Date Monthly Financial Report – April Ending Monthly Report
Presentation and Approval of the regular monthly financial report, see attachment.
• 05.23.22 April Month to Date Financial Report.pdf
6. Resolution for Dissolution of Salem Fund/Act – A Resolution to Dissolve the Salem Fund and bank account
A Resolution to Dissolve the Salem Fund 560 and corresponding bank account with attached letter of acknowledgment from
Salem Water Users LLC, see attachment
• 05.10.22 Salem Resolution and Letter Closing.pdf
7. Resolution for IT Budget Adjustment – IT Budget Adjustment for Backup Appliance and related items
Resolution to Amend the 2022 City Budget within the IT budget section.
• 05.23.22 IT Budget Adjustment.pdf
8. Aria Oil Multi-Use Trail Waiver
Aria Oil requesting a waiver to not build multi-use trail along Highway 5. Rest of site plan has been approved via Planning
Commission and DRC.
• Aria Oil Site Plan.pdf
9. Medic Sleep Care Sign Variance Appeal
The sign was originally approved by staff based on an application stating the sign would be 57 square feet. The sign code
allows for 60 sq ft. The sign that was installed measured 77.5 sq ft. Planning Commission denied the variance application on
5/9/22. The applicant has requested an appeal to City Council.
• Medic Sleep Care.pdf
10. Metroplan STBG Grant Program – A RESOLUTION EXPRESSING THE WILLINGNESS OF THE CITY OF
BRYANT TO UTILIZE FEDERAL-AID SURFACE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM FUNDS
A Resolution stating that the City is willing to commit matching funding towards a federal aid grant through Metroplan in
order to further connect our City trail system. The project we are requesting funding for is a connection from the existing
Bryant Parkway Trail near Raymar Road to the existing Bryant Parkway trail at the corner of Parkway and HWY 5. This will
provide a route for pedestrians and cyclists from the North side of Bryant to the South side by creating a safe passage over the
• Parkway Trail Resolution – Unsigned.pdf
11. Fire Department 14 Day Work Cycle – An Ordinance To Amend Ordinance No. 2006-26, Establish a 14-Day
Work Period For The City Of Bryant Fire Department; And For Other Purposes
This will allow employees engaged in fire suppression within the fire department to have the same 14 day work period for OT
accrual as those employees engaged in law enforcement within the police department. Estimated budgetary impact of
approximately $35,600 as shown in attached salary schedule.
• FD 14 day work cycle with background and supporting info.pdf
12. Fire Department 2012 GMC 1500 Pickup – Requesting permission to list 2012 GMC 1500 Pickup on
Selling pool vehicle reaching end of life cycle
• Fire Dept 2012 GMC 1500 Pickup.pdf
Parks and Recreation
13. Capital Improvement Requests
Mills Park Pavilion Repairs /
Aquatics flooring and exterior painting /
Boone Rd. cross walk
• May 2022 Capital Reqests.pdf
14. Barracudas Swim Team Use Agreement
Leave a Reply