A storm system will bring rain and some snow this week, according to the National Weather Service in Little Rock. While some uncertainties linger, overall trends suggest less snow and only a dusting for accumulation at the most. Snow will be most likely Wednesday evening through Thursday morning. (Scroll down to see daily temps and forecast through next Monday.)
Rain may mix with snow over far west and portions of northwest and north Arkansas with all rain elsewhere. The greatest likelihood of minor snow accumulation will be over the Ozarks, but only a dusting at most is expected. Further adjustments may be needed but data does not support any major increase in forecast snow totals or impacts.
Rain will overspread the state from west to east on Wednesday. The heaviest rain is most likely across southwest AR where 1 to 2 inches of liquid precipitation will fall between Wednesday and Thursday.
Don’t Forget Your Ps
- People – check on family and friends, especially those without adequate heat.
- Pets – provide warm shelter and be sure thawed drinking water is available.
- Pipes – allow warm air to circulate near plumbing, let water drip.
- Plants – bring those sensitive plants indoors or cover them.
Daily Forecast through Monday December 7th:
- Sunny, with a high near 51. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. East wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 36. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. East wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. North northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunny, with a high near 50. West wind around 5 mph.
- Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Sunny, with a high near 50.