The Royal Players will host auditions for 9 to 5 the Musical on Saturday, February 15th from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The location is at Bauxite High School Auditorium, 800 School Street in Bauxite. You must make an appointment to audition. Submit an audition request at https://forms.gle/
Show dates are April 16-19 and 23-26, 2020. For questions about auditions, please send an email to [email protected]
- Prepare 16 bars of music in the style of 9 to 5 or from the show itself. Must be memorized and sung with feeling and character.
- An accompanist will be provided. You must bring printed music to the auditions. NO acapella auditions accepted, must be accompanied.
- You may be asked to do a cold reading from the script.
- Callbacks may be necessary and will be announced at a later date.
- This production is for ages 18 and older only (must be 18 by April 16).
- Production dates are April 16-19 and 23-26.
Rehearsals will begin the first week of March. They will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (& Friday if needed), 6:30-9:30 p.m., with choreography rehearsals scheduled on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
You may not be required to attend certain rehearsals. A detailed rehearsal calendar will be provided.
Beginning April 6 – no absences will be allowed as we will be entering tech and dress rehearsals as we prepare to open on April 16. Please have your calendar handy to let us know of rehearsal conflicts.
- Director – Tammy Friend
- Music Director – Ashlyn Wilcox
- Choreographer – Brooke Finley
- Costumes – Michelle Alverio
- Producers – Michelle Griffis and Phoebe Earles
- Student Director – Hayden Griffis
Cast of Characters:
- Violet Newstead – The company’s Head Secretary and Mr. Hart’s Administrative Assistant, she is a single mother and typically stands up for what she believes in. Attractive, strong, ambitious.
- Doralee Rhodes -A young, sexy spitfire who works at Mr. Hart’s office. She is proof that there is more to a woman than just her looks.
- Judy Bernly – The “new” girl at the firm, she has been burned by her husband’s affair and is searching for personal empowerment. Insecure, determined, and hopeful.
- Franklin Hart – One of the firm’s executives and a notorious chauvinist. He is capable of faking charm but usually shows his true colors as an arrogant, self-absorbed boss.
- Roz Keith – The attentive office gossip queen and snitch. She has an unrequited love for Mr. Hart and will do anything she can to win his approval.
- Joe – A handsome, young office accountant. Genuine and nice, and smitten with Violet.
- Dwayne Rhodes – Doralee’s attractive husband. He is very supportive of her professional pursuits.
- Josh Newstead – Violet’s awkward teenage son.
- Missy Hart – Franklin Hart’s wife, clueless to her husband’s true nature.
- Maria Delgado – a young and vibrant secretary in Hart’s office
- Dick Bernly – Judy’s soon-to-be ex-husband. An average guy, he is sporting a little less hair and a little more paunch than he did ten years ago.
- Kathy – A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to gossip.
- Margaret – A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to drink.
- Russell Tinsworthy – Franklin Hart’s boss and Chairman of the Board. A good man, who may be wiser to Hart’s ways than he lets on.
- Ensemble of Men and Women – Office employees, police officers, hospital employees.