YARD WARS VENDORS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Please read all this stuff and
save us both some time. Thanks! ☺
1. HOW DO I REGISTER A BOOTH?
- Get your booth by registering at mysaline.com/yardwars-signup/
- But read the rest of this page first!
2. HOW MUCH IS BOOTH SPACE?
- For Yard Sales, Crafts, Boutiques, Direct Sales or Concessions, it’s $40 a 12×12-foot space.
3. HOW DO I PAY?
- Mail – check or money order to MYSALINE, PO BOX 307, BRYANT, AR 72089
- Card/Cash app (by Square) – Pay from your Computer or Mobile App – If you don’t already have a Cash/Square account, it’s easy, safe, and doesn’t charge extra.
–To pay in a web browser, you can use a card and check out as a guest or you can use your Cash account. Just click http://cash.me/$mysaline.
— To pay with the app, click this link: https://cash.me/app/RHMWCVQ, sign in/up, then send your vendor fee to $MySaline. In the description, tell your name and specify it’s for Yard Wars. (Bonus: If you use this link above to download the app and send money for the first time, they give you $5.00 cash in your account.)
- Paypal – There is a $1.49 extra charge to use this method. Send $41.49 for each booth to https://www.paypal.me/arkansasshelli
- Your payment locks in registration. If your competitor of the same brand pays first, then they will get the spot. This is where paying electronically comes in handy.
4. CAN I DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN A YARD SALE?
- Yes! Crafters, Boutiques, Direct Sales and Concessions are welcome!
- HOWEVER, email ArkansasShelli@gmail.com in advance to see if we don’t already have someone doing the same thing.
–Two of the same type are okay. Ex: Mary Kay & Avon is ok.
–Two of the same brand are not. Ex: Paparazzi & Paparazzi is not ok.
- Also, we ask that vendors only do one brand per booth, so other reps have the opportunity to sell. Ex: If you sell Mary Kay & Paparazzi, pick one. But you are welcome to combine crafts or yard sale items with a brand.
5. WHEN & WHERE IS YARD WARS?
- Saturday, May 18, 2018, 9am – 1pm.
- Location is off Mills Park Road in Bryant at Mills Park in the front of the park between the stage and tennis courts.
The address to put in your GPS is 2 Bass Road, Bryant, AR.
Click this link to go to the GPS/Map: https://goo.gl/maps/pFbUpLAJqnt
6. WHAT DOES THE PARK LOOK LIKE?
- Here are pictures of Mills Park, where all the booths will be! First two pics are the view from the park entrance. (There is another entrance by the pool, that’s not the right one, but it will still get you there eventually.)
7. IS THIS A BENEFIT/FUNDRAISER?
- 20% of the space fees will go to the Backpack Ministry to feed children in Saline County. You keep all your sales money.
- This year, 10% also goes to the Saline County Library’s food drive.
8. HOW CAN I HELP PROMOTE THIS?
- Click here to see the flyer to download, print, email, etc.
- Share and tag friends in our social media
- Here is the 2019 Yard Wars Facebook event. RSVP, Share & Use the Invite function to Invite friends and family! https://www.facebook.com/events/312738149434702/
These are just suggestions but…
- A dolly or cart to get items from your vehicle.
- Tables & chairs.
- Canopy/tent or beach umbrella if you want to be certain of shade, but the park has mature trees. See pics below.
- We have electricity but come early to claim your spot or else bring a long extension cord!
- Money for making change, and a place to keep it.
- Rocks to hold stuff down if it’s windy.
- Trash bags/ grocery sacks for bagging sale items and throwing away your waste.
10. WHERE CAN I PARK?
- You can park your car close to the spaces to set up, but move them out of the way by 8:50 a.m. to allow shoppers to park. Do not park in the booth area to unload, since this hinders others from getting to their booth to set up.
- It’s first come, self-serve on the booth spaces – not assigned.
- Exception: vendors with more than one space have priority over others because they need to have spaces together.
- Electricity is in 3 or 4 areas if you need it. Get there early to take a look.
- Restrooms are up the hill.
12. EVENT TIMELINE:
- Before Friday – signs/posters for the sale will go up around the area. Some signs are yellow and some are green and blue.
- Friday night – Shelli will go to the site to mark the sections.
- 8:00 a.m. Saturday – Check-in! It takes 10 seconds. See Shelli Poole at the stage – tall lady with blonde hair. Probably looks like she needs coffee or has had too much coffee.
- After Check-in, start setting up in the spaces marked with white paint. If you have to drive onto the shopping area briefly, you can, but be quick since others are getting ready too. DON’T drive over the spaces.
- 8:50 a.m. – All vehicles should be moved to the asphalt parking, but you can continue getting things ready.
- 9:00 a.m. – Sale begins.
13. OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
- Setup begins at 8am. Sale runs from 9am-1pm. Be there early to set up. No overnights.
- There is a restroom this year! You still have to walk a little, but it’s close.
- Event host/venue is not responsible for your lost or stolen items.
- Makeup date for rain or other reason will be determined.
- The park has graciously allowed us the use of their grounds. Please take care to leave it clean.
- Tell your friends, family and Facebook!
- There are pictures of Mills Park, in number 6 above, where all the booths will be. There is a map in number 5 above, and the pinpoint is on the entrance you should take.
GOT MORE QUESTIONS?