Please read all this stuff and save us both some time. Thanks! ☺
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW MUCH IS BOOTH SPACE?
- For Yard Sales, Crafts or Direct Sales Booth, it’s $40 a 12×12-foot space.
- For Concessions, contact us to discuss the size of your operation. ArkansasShelli@gmail.com
CAN I DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN A YARD SALE?
- Yes! Crafters and Direct Sales and others are welcome!
HOWEVER, email ArkansasShelli@gmail.com in advance to see if we don’t already have someone doing the same thing.
Two of the same type are okay. Ex: Mary Kay & Avon ok.
Two of the same brand are not. Ex: Paparazzi & Paparazzi not ok.
WHERE & WHEN IS IT?
- Location is off Mills Park Road in Bryant at Mills Park in the front of the park between the stage and tennis courts.
The address to put in your GPS is 2 Bass Road, Bryant, AR.
From your smartphone, click this link to go to the GPS/Map: https://goo.gl/maps/pFbUpLAJqnt
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, 7am – 11am.
HOW DO I PAY?
- Mail – check or money order to MYSALINE, PO BOX 307, BRYANT, AR 72089
- New! By Computer or Phone App (Cash/Square) – If you don’t already have a Cash/Square account, it’s easy, safe, and doesn’t charge extra. Click this link: https://cash.me/app/PLBFBTX, sign up, then send correct amount to $ArkansasShelli (Shelli Poole). In the description, tell your name and specify it’s for Yard Wars.
- For vendors other than yard sales, your payment locks in registration, not your promise! If your competitor of the same brand pays first, then they will get the spot. This is where paying electronically comes in handy.
IS THIS A BENEFIT/FUNDRAISER?
- 20% of the space fees will go to the Backpack Ministry to feed children in Saline County. You keep all your sales money.
- Afterward, a Habitat ReStore of Benton will take anything you don’t want.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Get your space by registering at mysaline.com/yardwars-signup/
- But read the rest of this page first!
HOW CAN I HELP PROMOTE THIS?
- Share about the sale on your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- Here is the 2017 Yard Wars Facebook event. RSVP & Share! https://www.facebook.com/events/837458659662361/
- On Instagram, tag your friends in the posts https://www.instagram.com/yardwarsarkansas/
These are just suggestions but…
- A dolly or cart to get items from your vehicle.
- Tables & chairs.
- Canopy/tent or beach umbrella if you want to be certain of shade, but the park has mature trees. See pics below.
- We have electricity but come early to claim your spot or else bring a long extension cord!
- Money for making change, and a place to keep it.
- Rocks to hold stuff down if it’s windy.
- Trash bags/ grocery sacks for bagging sale items and throwing away your waste.
WHERE CAN I PARK?
- You can park your car close to the spaces to set up, but move them out of the way by 6:50 a.m. to allow shoppers to park. Do not park in the booth area to unload, since this hinders others from getting to their booth to set up.
- It’s first come, self-serve on the booth spaces – not assigned.
- Exception: vendors with more than one space have priority over others because they need to have spaces together.
- Electricity is in 3 or 4 areas if you need it. Get there early to take a look.
- Restrooms are up the hill.
- Before Friday – signs/posters for the sale will go up around the area. Some signs are yellow and some are green and blue.
- Friday night – Shelli will go to the site to mark the sections.
- 6:00 a.m. Saturday – Check-in takes 5 seconds. See Shelli Poole at the stage – tall lady with blonde hair. Probably looks like she needs coffee or has had too much coffee.
- After Check-in, start setting up in the spaces marked with white paint. If you have to drive onto the shopping area briefly, you can, but be quick since others are getting ready too. DON’T drive over the spaces.
- 6:50 a.m. All vehicles should be moved to the asphalt parking, but you can continue getting things ready.
- 7:00 a.m. Sale begins.
- 11:00 a.m. The truck comes from Habitat ReStore to pick up anything left over that you want to donate (and get a donation receipt).
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
- Setup begins at 6am. Sale runs from 7-11am. Be there early to set up. No overnights.
- There is a restroom this year! You still have to walk a little, but it’s close.
- Event host/venue is not responsible for your lost or stolen items.
- Makeup date for rain or other reason will be determined.
- The park has graciously allowed us the use of their grounds. Please take care to leave it clean.
- Tell your friends, family and Facebook!
- Here are pictures of Mills Park, below, where all the booths will be! First two pics are the view from the park entrance. (There is another entrance by the pool, that’s not the right one, but it will still get you there eventually.)
GOT MORE QUESTIONS?