MySaline.com • P.O. Box 307 • Bryant, AR 72089 • 501-303-4010
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
Follow MySaline on Pinterest
RT @UniteBlueAR: RT @gregleding: You can help our neighbors in #Moore, OK, by texting REDCROSS to 90999. #arwx #okwx / #p21 #uniteblue #UBAR
Mainly Dry Weather Ahead And A Cool Down http://t.co/YloMSGQ6W2 #ARWX #KATV
Very good summary of the Moore Oklahoma tornado and other information from NWS Norman. http://t.co/jcPgOn0i7E #arwx #okwx
Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Please read the terms of service on your profile page.
• • • • • • • • • • • •
Call, email or write us with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason.
MySaline.com has been introducing neighbors and building community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!
Us common citizens of Saline County who are not part of the F.O.P. (Friends of Pennington) do hereby endorse James Ward for Sheriff. More information on this very important endorsement to come...
Tags: Arkansas, County, James, Politics, Saline, Sheriff, Ward
Comment by John M Cooper11 hours ago
Pennington has brought nothing to the table in four years. He has not added any new deputies during his tenure. No technology, no money savings and no new control of the jail.
Really? John, research your half truths PRIOR to coming onto a blog and making a complete fool of yourself. Let repeat again:
1. Sheriff Pennington gave back to the Saline County General fund over $1,600,000.00 in the last three years from his budget (wasteful spending)?
2. Countywide crime last year was down by 9% overall including drug arrests.
3. Saline county has one of the lowest violent crime rates per capita.
4. Child predator cases are also down due to over exposure and criminals going underground more and using other avenues to find victims. Law enforcement (common knowledge)
5. Obtained grants for Victim Advocates for domestic violence.
6. Established an Explorer Post for our youth
7. Set up Commissary in jail, raises $50,000.00, which is used for jail operations
8. Saves $25,000.00 per year by buying bread locally for detainees
9. Has established a positive working relationship with local elected officials and law enforcement in county
10. Ensuring all jail employees attend jail standards course
11. Received grant for $96,000.00 for cameras in patrol cars
12. Provided G.E.D. classes for detainees
13. Bought two Hummers for Special Response Team, and Search ad Rescue, paid for by the Communications fund at now cost to the tax payers
14. Upgraded the Reserve Deputy Program
15. Awarded 2010 "Sheriff of the Year", by the Arkansas State Fraternal Order of Police
16. New deputies were added to the Detention Division and Civil Division
17. Jail out of Control ?????
18. Sheriff received greatest compliment of endorsement of peers in career field
Your comment of Bruce DIDN'T return any money back into the General Fund is amusing. Bruce could have kept the money and spent it on other items that were approved within that account OR just DOUBLED up on items and spent all the money. No John, Bruce DID return money back inot the General Fund for others to use. Great Job Bruce.
Now Bruce hasn't done much in the drug bust area. Hummmmm you are wrong again, John.
Mrs Brown is the sheriffs step daughter? sheriff sends family here to trash and threaten those who support ward then runs back to daddy and whines.
John Cooper, thank you for posting these articles. Gina Reynolds has come on several times mentioning problems in the jail and these articles put some of it together. When someone is arrested it is more of a law enforcement issue, but when someone is put in the jail it then also becomes a custodial issue or responsibility. That is one of the reasons I think someone with administrative and management experience is needed. And Mr. Pickett, "a common citizen of the county"??? Really???
Thats correct the Jail remains out of control even to the point where an inmate (Unsurpervised) walks away from work detail on the court house lawn just last week. And by the way the inmates need to working all over the county not just the courthouse (supervised of course).
Mr. Tell, You said... Jail Out of Control???
This alone discredits your entire post becasue you guys keep covering for each other...towing that line for Kirk Lane and the FOP (Friends of Pennington). Here is the out of control part that cost taxpayers almost a cool MILLION so far under Mr. Pennington.
© 2013 Created by Shelli Russell.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Got a tip or comment but you'd like to be anonymous?
main page what's hot profile advertise! donate
forum blogs photos videos events members
groups chat sports vote 2012 local classifieds
jobs pets tips site updates polls store
There's nothing down here to look at. Scroll back up.
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.