The Jory Malone Foundation proudly supports Jory’s commitment to education by providing one high school graduate with a scholarship to their chosen university or trade school. (Scroll down to read more.)
Details and criteria are below, and please contact [email protected] with any questions.
PURPOSE: To provide a scholarship to one (1) deserving student who displays qualities of leadership and commitment to education.
AWARD: One (1) $1000 scholarship to be awarded to one (1) high school graduate chosen by the selection committee of the Jory Malone Foundation. 50% of the scholarship ($500) to be awarded before fall semester. Remaining 50% ($500) to be awarded for the spring semester given scholarship recipient maintains a minimum 2.75 GPA during fall semester.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the school or trade school as chosen by the recipient.
- Applicant must be either:
1. the current year’s high school graduate. OR
2. currently enrolled at an accredited college, university, vocational or
junior college with at least 1 year left.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in the coming academic year at an accredited college, university, vocational school or junior college.
- Applicant must clearly demonstrate a commitment to leadership and education.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Applicant must include all documents listed below and a cover sheet on the first page with the following information: name, address, phone number, email address.
- One (1) personal statement, your choice, on one of the two topics: “Passion Principles Purpose” OR “Finding Peace In Chaos”
- Three (3) signed letters of recommendation. Letters can come from teachers, administrators, employers, coaches, community or youth group leaders, etc.
- High school transcript with cumulative grade point average. Official transcript is not required.
- Confirmation of your enrollment in an accredited college, university, vocational or junior college and the number of hours you are taking each semester.
- Documentation of ACT and/or SAT score.
- Personal achievements and/ or continuing education completed outside of high school (sports, community service, any educational classes you’ve taken, etc.)
All documents must be submitted together, as a single PDF and are to be emailed to [email protected] no later than 12:00 midnight CST, June 30, of the current year. You must sign your documents and they must be complete or we are unable to accept your application.