The Saline County Courthouse will once again play host to Christmas on the Square. The Courthouse lawn lights up with decorations. The Saline County Courthouse is listed on the Arkansas Trail of Lights, so it is lit by Thanksgiving, however, the official lighting ceremony will be on Monday, December 2nd at 6:00 p.m. This ceremony kicks off the holiday season for the courthouse grounds as well as the Saline County Christmas Parade.
The display is linked to music on 97.9FM when you’re nearby. There are several nights featuring pictures with Santa, hot cocoa, cookies and live entertainment. Find the courthouse in downtown Benton. Map of the Courthouse
Here’s the list of special nights at the courthouse. Hours are 6-8 p.m. each night.
- Mon Dec 2 – Christmas parade and debut of official holiday season – free pictures with Santa, Elf on the Shelf, free cookies and hot chocolate. See details on the parade here.
- Fri Dec 6 – Free pictures with Santa, Elf on the Shelf, free cookies and hot chocolate.
- Thu Dec 12 – Special Needs Night – Santa will be in the Courthouse to accommodate all our friends with special needs, but everyone is welcome. Big Red and Community Coffee will provide cookies and hot chocolate. If it rains, it will be held on Dec 19th.
- Fri Dec 13– Free pictures with Santa, Elf on the Shelf, free cookies and hot chocolate.
- Tue Dec 17 – Free pictures with Santa, Elf on the Shelf, free cookies and hot chocolate.
- Thu Dec 19 – Free pictures with Santa, Elf on the Shelf, free cookies and hot chocolate.
Fri Dec 20 – Character Night – Special guests will include Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Smarty the Fox, Rudolph, Batman, Wonder Woman, and many more.
For more info, contact the Saline County Judge’s office at 501-303-5640.
See the list of ALL the parades, Santas, nativity scenes, light shows and more: www.mysaline.com/holiday-events