CJCOHN volunteers will distribute food on Wednesday, April 22, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 103 E. Elm Street in Benton.
To keep everyone safe, clients will follow this procedure:
- When picking up, stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Police and volunteers will direct approaching vehicles and ensure that traffic flows safely.
- Clients will drive through a gate, identify themselves to a volunteer, and then proceed to a designated area, where a volunteer will load food.
- Afterward, clients will be directed to an exit. Please drive slowly and carefully follow instructions.
If you would like to donate food or funds, there is a link in this Facebook post so you can donate online, or you can mail a check to P.O. Box 1146, Benton, AR, 72015. If you would rather donate items, scroll down to see the list of needs. You may donate on Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at 103 E. Elm Street in Benton. Operating hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., but workers arrive earlier to set up for the day. Clients are served between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. only.
CJCOHN, a non-profit association of 15 Saline churches, has been providing food, clothing and other services to low-income county residents since 1976. See more about the organization at www.facebook.com/pg/cjcohn.cares/about.
- Peanut butter
- Cans of tuna
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Canned spaghetti sauce with meat
- Other nonperishable foods
- Bars of inexpensive soap
- Boxes of laundry detergent
- Jeans, Especially for men
- Children’s clothing in sizes 18 months and 5T
- Clothing for boys is rarely donated