The Royal Players will host auditions for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, the Broadway Musical on Sunday, February 9th. For an audition appointment, please fill out and submit an audition form at https://forms.gle/AqfCXv2VmL3zzbaZ8
- Prepare 16 bars of music in the style of Disney or from the show itself. Must be memorized and sung with feeling and character.
- An accompanist will be provided. You must bring printed music to the auditions. NO acapella auditions accepted, must be accompanied.
- You may be asked to do a cold reading from the script.
- Callbacks may be necessary and will be announced at a later date.
- This production is for ages 15 and older only (must be 15 by June 4). The only child role is Chip. Special auditions for this role will be held at a later date.
Rehearsals will begin in April. Rehearsals will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, (Friday if needed), 6:30-9:30, with choreography rehearsals scheduled on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons. You may not be required to attend certain rehearsals. A detailed rehearsal calendar will be given to all.
Beginning May 26 – no absences as we will be entering tech and dress rehearsals as we prepare to open on June 4. Please have your calendar handy to let us know of rehearsal conflicts.
Production dates are June 4-7 and 11-14.
For questions about auditions, please send an email to [email protected].
- Bob Bidewell – Director
- Tanner Oglesby – Music Director
- Olivia Stephens – Choreographer
- Michelle Alverio – Costumes
- Emma Rose Boone – Stage Manager
- Michelle Griffis and Phoebe Earles – Producers
Cast of Characters:
- NARRATOR, a voiceover during the Prologue
- YOUNG MAN, a selfish prince
- OLD BEGGAR WOMAN, an enchantress in disguise
- BELLE, a smart, plucky young woman from a provincial town
- MAURICE, an inventor and Belle’s father
- TOWNSPEOPLE, including Aristocratic Lady, Fish Man, Egg Man, Sausage Curl Girl, Baker, Lady with Cane, Lady with Baby, Candle Man, Hat Seller, Milkmaid, Shepherd Boy, Bookseller, Silly Girls, Gaston’s Cronies, A Mother, Villager
- GASTON, a pompous and dim-witted “ladies man”
- LEFOU, a dim-witted lackey to Gaston
- MONDSIEUR D’ARQUE, proprietor of the lunatic asylum
- COGSWORTH, an English major-domo of the castle who is becoming a mantle clock LUMIERE, a French maître d’ who is becoming a candelabra
- BABETTE, a maid who is becoming a feather duster
- MRS. POTTS, a cook who is becoming a teapot CHIP, Mrs. Pott’s son, who is becoming a teacup
- MADAME DE LA GRANDE BOUCHE, an opera singer who is becoming a wardrobe SERVANTS, including Caryatids, Flatware, Napkins, Dust Pan, Egg Timer, a Wardrobe
- THE BEAST, master of the castle, who used to be a prince
- The ENSEMBLE will more than likely portray TOWNSPEOPLE, SERVANTS, and other characters as needed. In other words, more than one character.