This event is organized by the Ralph Bunche Community Development Committee, with support from the Benton School District, the CADC, the City of Benton, Everett Buick GMC, First Baptist Church, the Ralph Bunche Neighborhood Association, Local Churches and the Saline Courier.
The dates are set for this year’s Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration in Benton.
- Fri Jan 18
- 7:00 am – First Baptist Church – 211 South Market
- A delicious breakfast & heartfelt prayers
UNITY & MEMORIAL SERVICE
- Sun Jan 20
- 4:00 pm – St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church – 1200 Dixie Street
- Speakers: Randy Morris and Martie North Hamilton
A DAY OF SERVICE
- Mon Jan 21
- 9 am—Noon – Ralph Bunche Community Center – 1600 Dixie Street
- Start your day of service with a community clean up at 9 am.
- Meet at the Community Center. Lunch will be served
PARADE AND GREAT GATHERING
- Mon Jan 21
- 3:00 pm – Downtown Benton – Grand Marshals – David & Nancy Mattingly
- PRIZES AWARDED – FLOATS! Line Up @ 2:30 pm in front of CW Lewis Football Field. Parade Route Begins on S. Market St., turns right on West North St; turns Right on South Main St.
- Click to go to download page for PARADE REGISTRATION FORM
- Benton School District – PRIZES AWARDED
- See your school’s Principal to participate. Essays are judged by staff of the Saline Courier. Deadline for entry Fri Jan 25.
- Click to go to download page for ESSAY CONTEST FORM