Put your ad on MySaline! 501.303.4010

Spread the word about MySaline.com! Scroll up to where it says "Friends-Invite" and click on "Invite!"

Members

Latest Activity

Ricky Dyson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
2 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
3 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
4 hours ago
Theresa Key commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
6 hours ago
Kenny Nony commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
11 hours ago
Todd "The Bod" Skaggs commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
13 hours ago
Jeremy S. Crouse commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
18 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
18 hours ago
Carlton Clay commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
18 hours ago
Terry Babbs commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Ron W. Ebbert posted a photo
yesterday
Laura Ashcraft Thompson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Roger L. Poole and Robbie Bourne Brannon are now friends
yesterday
Thelma Edwards Poole posted an event
Thumbnail

4th Annual Starlight Gala benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Bryant at The Center at Bishop Park, 6401 Boone Rd.,Bryant

December 31, 2014 from 6pm to 7pm
yesterday
sharon handel commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
yesterday
Shari Ryerson commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
Saturday
mark morell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
Saturday
Bill Dame commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
Saturday
Tom Spann left a comment for Shelli Russell
Saturday
Dale Fisher commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Can I Get Your Permission to Use Your MySaline Profile Pic in an Ad Graphic?
Saturday

It's been policy MySaline's since October 2013... Use your real first and last name as your username. Use the Settings link to change it. Don't be afraid to update your profile pic while you're there!  You're beautiful!

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Read the terms of service on your profile page. Read it. Read.

Contact MySaline with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason:

PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

MySaline.com is news & community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

well shirley, I  wasn't aware that I was trying to run the jail.that is bruce's job. Mr. harris has yet to be  elected and I doubt that he will be, but things I know have changed, but not the basics of running a jail. there are three main point to running a jail. food-clothing-and health care for the inmates. what changes are the number of inmates that are being held. I attend court both municipal, and circuit court fairly regularly, and I see the same problems that I encountered the only change is the faces.they are doing the same crimes but the people are all diffrent. and shirley I would not attempt to try to run any jail for anyone. But make no mistake I do have the knowledge to run one if the need should arise. lets hope I am not asked to. I just have my openions like everyone else, and with chronic copd my life here in short supply, as an old usetobe I need to voice my concerns like everyone else. And you are right I got all I can do being city council man an I attend to job as best as I know how. Thank you for your concern....Joe Lee

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

well we are in another time period.while voicing my thoughts, that is the american way.but, I would not even attempt to seek the office of sheriff and jailer. I had that job once in my life, but you couln't give me that job ever again. times have changed, but the safety of being in jail, should have been thought about by thoes inmates before they steped out of the laws that govern our society. If you think being in a local jail is danderous, you should see what real danger is in state prison. I have and it ain'tpretty. I do appreciate your voicing your openion.thats a right I hope we never have to give up. Its called " freedom". enough said...

ALLEN F. QUAY said:
Uh, Joe Lee. You mentioned three main points to "running" a jail. Those were food, clothing, and healthcare. Well, what about security. An inmate has a far greater chance of being injured while confined to a jail by a fellow inmate.

Joe Lee, I know you would like to put in your two-cents worth but the days of the wheel gun are over. Things have changed and we are now in the 21st. Century.
one other point I would like to speak of Allen. In my time as state trooper and sheriff. We may have been old and outdated compared to these modern times,but, we didnt have to have a police officer to be in our schools, and we didnt have teen agers driving cars and pickup trucks to school they didnt have to pay for. and we didnt have the drugs in our school age kids like todays. if I remember right teachers had the athority to teach and have order in the class rooms. as when I went to school, we didnt have aircondition, and with all the stories I had heard even in grade school, I was definately scared to death of mis-behaving in school, for if you did, a trip to Howard Perrins office, the school suprindent and his rubber hose seemed to keep order in schools. yes, things have changed, but, I dont think it is for the best.,Thats my story, and I am stickin ,with it.lol....

Joe Lee said:
well we are in another time period.while voicing my thoughts, that is the american way.but, I would not even attempt to seek the office of sheriff and jailer. I had that job once in my life, but you couln't give me that job ever again. times have changed, but the safety of being in jail, should have been thought about by thoes inmates before they steped out of the laws that govern our society. If you think being in a local jail is danderous, you should see what real danger is in state prison. I have and it ain'tpretty. I do appreciate your voicing your openion.thats a right I hope we never have to give up. Its called " freedom". enough said...

ALLEN F. QUAY said:
Uh, Joe Lee. You mentioned three main points to "running" a jail. Those were food, clothing, and healthcare. Well, what about security. An inmate has a far greater chance of being injured while confined to a jail by a fellow inmate.

Joe Lee, I know you would like to put in your two-cents worth but the days of the wheel gun are over. Things have changed and we are now in the 21st. Century.
before I get of the stump Allen, safety comes under the heading of health care. its one and the same...and always the concern of the jailers...

Joe Lee said:

ALLEN F. QUAY said:

I dont often go to the jail.I think the person running the jail is named pennington, but no relation to the sheriff. my son works as a jailer. I dont question him about his job. But, he has as much knowledge about running jails and prison as anyone I know including me. he worked up until about 11 years ago for the Texas Department of corection at sugarland Texas center. He worked with people like "John Wayne Gacey" the mass murderer in the same unit.. he worked there for 18 years.there, from a long rider in the fields to all fazes of the prison to the job as purchasing agent for that unit. He has not related to me that the jail is not being run properly, and I dont ask. I do know stories come out of the jail,but its like one inmate recently had no problems being in jail, until he faced a judge and was sentenced to a term in prison.Then he started having sick spells, and all kind of problems of his own making. how did I find out??.through a couple of deputies, lawyers and a judge. so be careful judging the operation of the jail and stories you might hear. tales and stories they are just stories and unless you can verify such and know what is really going on. If in other words if you ain't been there, dont be too quick to judge. at this time I dont have any questions that the jail is not being run properly I would say that if there is any real problems, some of the judges here or the prosecuting attorney would be making noises.That you could be sure of. If you need more just ask/ dont ask unless you want to hear what I have to say. It would be my openion and everyone has one of thoese dont you know. And I hadnt heard any thing about the jail till we got into the process of election time, and now all these questions have arisen.Typical saline county politics. The sheriff pennington was elected with a wide margin less than 2 years ago, and now someone wants his job and all this racket about the jail. Sheriff pennington is a good sheriff. he is doing his job....

ALLEN F. QUAY said:
Joe Lee, do you think the present sheriff is doing a good job with running our jail? And if so, why? Do you have any idea who is running the jail's day-to-day operation?

I am beginning to think the present sheriff has not a clue about how to run the jail or who to put in charge of it. What do you think?
Allen tell me why you think the sheriff doesnt know how to run a jail.Where did you get this idea. was it some one telling you this or is this your idea and your question.

ALLEN F. QUAY said:
Joe Lee, do you think the present sheriff is doing a good job with running our jail? And if so, why? Do you have any idea who is running the jail's day-to-day operation?

I am beginning to think the present sheriff has not a clue about how to run the jail or who to put in charge of it. What do you think?
allen we need to go have coffee an talk about past and present jail problems.and no one is going to ask my thought on running the jail,. as one writter stated on this subject I am old and out of touch with modern times. the amount of money and employees under the sheriff, it is a monumental taks to keep up with all that goes on in this time period. I had about 17 employees , total and the jail,my deputies, and the tax collecting office and a budget of 225.000 thousand dollars a year. before my time a death of a inmate by hanging himself, a lady setting her hair on fire, ect ect. a 13 year old boy set fire to my jail but no one injured. I did know what was going on. many times I would check out at home at 9"00 pm, and deputies could be on a call at 3"00 am and they would turn around and there I would be. They never knew when I would show up night or day without warning. I dont know what the present or past sheriffs are doing on this matter.and I don't know if the person running the jail has to have some certification or not.but the jailers pay is low, and the turnover is heavy. the pay is set by the quorium court, or plainly elected j p's. my time was 35 years ago. so, maybe I am not needed. many problems are the same as 35 years ago, only the faces have changed. I am happy you question on how public money is spent. as far as lawsuits are concerned, many jails though out this nation experience the same problems. you have to realize, this day and time lawsuits are very popular with inmates, and a lawyers paradise. and this only becouse they can. the supreme courts have given the inmates this oppertunity, and dont you know a person in jail, regardless of the reason is going to use every tool given him by courts, and lawyers,who first of all make the laws and expect officers of the law to enforce these laws the judges an lawyers and their pay check comes from these very same laws.it a never ending. as I told a circuit judge not long ago, there is really no justice anymore. monday morning plea and arriangment, if you set in on some time you would see, prosecutors, defense attourneys, running around the court room, each trying to make the best deal they can get. then lets say the person is found guilty, stands before the judge. in MOST, cases the judges final words, is " ok you are fined a certain ammount, so see that lady over there she collects the fines. the lady next to her collect the money for the probation office".,so, all it comes down to is MONEY. I can show you some time if you want to be seen with me in public.and point out all this. I will call sheriff pennington wednesday and get his personal input. wheather I like what he says or not, he will tell me face to face. my last statement here is my bible tells me not to live for the past. for me to depend on my maker to take care of today, AND, if I am here tomorrow, my god will take care of tomorrow if I just have the faith that he will. good to hear from you allen,,,,,....

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service