Shelli Russell added a discussion to the group Classified Ads
1 hour ago
Thelma Edwards Poole posted an event

Bryant Parks and Recr Comm Mtg at Bishop Park

April 21, 2014 from 6pm to 8pm
1 hour ago
Meghan Brady joined Shelli Russell's group
1 hour ago
Meghan Brady replied to Shelli Russell's discussion Update: Anonymous Tipster Says Lt. Hodge is in Court Now in the group Anonymous Tip Files
1 hour ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Students Exposed to Pertussis, AKA "Whooping Cough" at Bryant High School
6 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Students Exposed to Pertussis, AKA "Whooping Cough" at Bryant High School
7 hours ago
Shelli Russell posted a status
"Fever and chills. Gnight until lunch maybe. If you find any #SalineAR news, post it here: http://j.mp/1913hGr"
7 hours ago
Seth Hardwick posted blog posts
7 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Thelma Edwards Poole's blog post Bryant - Leaves Clog Culverts
7 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Thelma Edwards Poole's event Bryant City Meeting on Refinancing Bonds
7 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Kenny Nony's blog post It's Coming....AGAIN!!!!
7 hours ago
Thelma Edwards Poole commented on Nancy Carlton's blog post A Reprint from several years ago, This Is Appropriate for This Time of Year
7 hours ago
Carlton Clay commented on Thelma Edwards Poole's blog post Bryant - Leaves Clog Culverts
8 hours ago
Reporter posted a blog post
9 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post If You Were Looking for the Legislative Audit of the Sheriff's Office...
10 hours ago
Shelli Russell commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Students Exposed to Pertussis, AKA "Whooping Cough" at Bryant High School
10 hours ago
Meghan Brady commented on Shelli Russell's blog post Students Exposed to Pertussis, AKA "Whooping Cough" at Bryant High School
13 hours ago
Pam Harcrow commented on Shelli Russell's blog post If You Were Looking for the Legislative Audit of the Sheriff's Office...
17 hours ago
Relay for Life of Saline County posted an event

Special Buffet Night @ Larry's Pizza in Bryant at Larry's Pizza on Highway 5 in Bryant

April 21, 2014 from 5pm to 8pm
17 hours ago

Opinions expressed on MySaline.com are not necessarily those of MySaline. Members are responsible for their own content. Please read the terms of service on your profile page.
• • • • • • • • • • • •

Contact us with questions about the website, advertising, donating to support MySaline, or any other reason: PO Box 307, Bryant AR 72089, 501.303.4010, info@mysaline.com

Members

MySaline.com has been introducing neighbors and building community since 2007 in Saline County, Arkansas. Join today and get involved!

I joined and left for the Army the day after I graduated High School. I am an Infantryman, 11B. IMy date of induction was 2Jun81. The reasons I joined were many but the main reason I joined was that I figured I owed the country that much. My Dad was a former Navy guy and I loved to hear his stories. I was proud of his service and he would have been proud of mine I think. I am a 100% disabled veteran and a lifetime member of the DAV. I travel frequently by air and always thank troops in uniform and shake their hand whenever I meet them.

Tags: Air, Army, Coast, Corps, Force, Guard, Marine, Marines, Merchant, Military, More…Navy

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

HI ,I JOINED THE NAVY ON 7 JAN. 1966-BOOT CAMP AT GREAT LAKES,IL.ie CHICAGO.SO COLD A SHORT TALE IS IN ORDER.BACK THEN WE WASHED OUR CLOTHES BY HAND AND HUNG THEM OUT ON CLOTHES LINES TO DRY.THE SHIRTS WERE BUTTONED UP AND WE USED SHORT PIECES OF STRING TO TIE THEM UP.WELL I WENT OUT TO HANG MINE UP AND IT WAS SO COLD THE SHIRT FROZE SOLID BEFORE I COULD GET IT BUTTONED.HAD TO TAKE IT BACK IN AND THAW IT OUT BEFORE I COULD GET THOSE DARNED BUTTONS DONE.WELL I MADE A CAREER OF THE NAVY.I WAS AN ELECTRICIAN'S MATE CHIEF WHEN I RETIRED IN 1986.I SERVED ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT SHIP TYPES ,AMMO-OILER,2 SUB TENDERS,A GUIDED MISSILE FRIGATE,REFRIGERATION SHIP,AIRCRAFT CARRIER AND SPENT 2 YEARS IN SOUTHERN SICILY AT A NATO BOMBING RANGE AS THE RANGE SAFTY OFFICER.SOUNDS GREAT BUT IN REALITY WE JUST HAD A BIG BOUY FLOATING OUT IN THE BAY AND AIRCRAFT WOULD FLY OVER AND DROP DUMMY BOMBS AT IT.WE WOULD SCORE HOW CLOSE THEY WOULD COME TO IT.ONCE I HAD A 36 FT BOAT USED FOR RESCUE IN CASE A PILOT HAD TO EJECT.HE LOCKED IN ON THE BOAT WITH HIS RADAR - THE WHOLE BOAT STARTED HUMMING,I STARTED SCREAMING AT THE AIR CONTROL TOWER TO TELL HIM WE WERE'NT THE TARGET.AFTER THAT I SPENT SEVERAL YEARS IN RECRUITING AND RETENTION.THAT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE IN LEARNING TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS .I WORKED IN NORTHEAST ARK.,SOUTHERN MISS.,AND CENTRAL LOUISIANA. RECRUITING OFFICER AND ENLISTED.I RETIRED 30 NOV.1986 AT MAYPORT,FL ON BOARD THE USS SARATOGA CV-60 (carrier).COUPLE YEARS COLLEGE THEN BACK HOME TO BENTON .GOT INVOLVED IN THE ELDER CARE NEED AND STARTED AN ADULT DAY CARE CENTER MY WIFE AND I OWNED AND OPERATED IT FOR 15 YEARS.A REALLY HUGE NEED FOR THIS TYPE SERVICE AS IT HELPS FAMILIES KEEP FOLKS OUT OF NURSING HOMES FOR A WHILE.AT LEAST TILL THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION.I AM FULLY RETIRED NOW AND LOVING IT.WE TRAVEL A LOT STATESIDE AND OVERSEAS AND WOULD RECOMMEND THE MILITARY FOR MEN AND WOMEN AS A GREAT CAREER MOVE.
Joined the first time a week before my 19th birthday, March 1991. Served 6 years with the 212th in Benton then a year in the 39th Inf. Brigade. Enlisted in the Navy Reserves in January of 2009 and am actually writing this from a hotel room in Paris on my way home from Souda Bay, Crete NAS. I'm a lifer.
Richard Friend said:
Joined the first time a week before my 19th birthday, March 1991. Served 6 years with the 212th in Benton then a year in the 39th Inf. Brigade. Enlisted in the Navy Reserves in January of 2009 and am actually writing this from a hotel room in Paris on my way home from Souda Bay, Crete NAS. I'm a lifer.
plan on a trip to souda bay soon--its on the space-a list from sigonella.enjoy your trip--glenn

glenn r. spears said:
Richard Friend said:

1990 In the US Navy and it only took me two years to figure out I didnt like the Navy so I spent the next 18 years with the Marines as a corpsman!

Greg

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shelli Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service